Vastras

Vastras stepped through the gateway after the elf, smiling as the two of them arrived in a run-down castle of sorts.

They were still in the mortal realm, technically, but not quite. She could tell as soon as she stepped in that the place was out of sync with the rest of the world. This was a pocket dimension, the kind of spell that no mortal had ever managed to pull off without causing unending damage. This was the kind of magic that had made her into who she was. The arrogance of it, and the way it tore apart lives as if they'd never mattered in the first place.

The pink-haired woman in the room spun, but froze as a spear touched her throat gently. The elf met her gaze, cool eyes without concern or hesitation.

Vastras smiled, "F'rir. Allow me to introduce to you a friend of mine. Well, she owed me a favour. You're it. Or rather, the man you're holding prisoner is."

The Fate clenched her fists angrily, glaring over at her, "Mage."

Vastras yawned, "Where's Trei?"

"The mortal cannot be allowed to return to the Evening Realms!" F'rir protested angrily, "Please, mage. Even you must know the risk he creates by his mere presence."

"Of course." She replied, "That is why I helped Vinadras create him, after all."

F'rir turned a sickly shade of white and stared at her, "What are you saying, mortal?"

"I'm saying that Trei is a weapon." Vastras growled, beginning to walk towards the Fate, "A weapon designed to unbalance the celestials. A weapon created to take the power you lord over us and tear it out of your cold dead hands. I'm saying that the fate of Trei is set in stone. He was born to end you. To cause the celestials to kill each other."

F'rir didn't say anything. The Fate was at a lost for words, the horror of the truth etched into her face.

Vastras sighed heavily, "I created Trei, to kill you all. Genocide. I couldn't see another way to do it. I will use him, and he will be the catalyst that leads to all of your kind being wiped out... And then I will take the lifestream for my own and I will finally end the violence of my world. Violence created by your kind. You turn beggars and thieves into heroes... How did you think that would end? With peace? It burns us! You and yours have created nothing but eternal war in my world! You have butchered us for entertainment!"

The mage spat in the woman's face, "Are you not entertained?"