Awake and Alive

Angst angst and more angst but also some fluff in the end. You probably need tissues.

Spider-Man and the Vulture were fighting.

Peter flung a web at a building and used the momentum to slam into the Vulture but he grabbed Peter's leg and slammed him into the ground. They had gathered a small crowd of people watching and Peter tried to get them to go but they wouldn't listen and the crowd grew larger.

I'm at war with the world and they try to pull me into the dark. I struggle to find my faith as I'm slippin' from your arms.

It's getting harder to stay awake and my strength is fading fast. You breathe into me at last.

I'm awake! I'm alive! Now I know what I believe inside. Now it's my time, I'll do what I want cause this is my life.

Here! Right here! Right now! Right now! I'll stand my ground and never back down!

I know why I believe inside. I'm awake and I'm alive!

Peter got up and swung a punch at the Vulture but he flew into the air so Peter flung a web at a nearby building.

"You'll never defeat me! I'm too strong!"
The Vulture shouted.

"I will!"

Peter flung a web at one of the wings and the Vulture fell back down to Earth.

The wing cut a part of Peter's mask off and an eye was visible.

I'm at war with the world cause I, ain't never gonna sell my soul. I've already made up my mind no matter what I can't be bought or sold.

When my faith is getting weak and I feel like giving in you breathe into me again.

I'm awake! I'm alive! Now I know what I believe inside now it's my time I'll do what I want cause this is my life!

Here! Right here! Right now! Right now! I'll stand my ground and never back down!

I know what I believe inside. I'm awake and I'm alive!

Waking up! Waking up! Waking up! Waking up! Waking up! Waking up!

In the dark I can feel you in my sleep in your arms I feel you breathe into me.

Forever hold this heart that I will give to you, forever I will live for you.

The vulture slammed Peter into the ground again and the mask was in tatters by this point.

"Give up?"
The Vulture taunted.

"Never!"
Peter shouted at him.

Peter flung a web at his face and pushed Toomes off of his body.

Peter did a flying sidekick into Toomes' stomach and he fell back onto the concrete.

I'm awake! I'm alive! Now I know what I believe inside, now it's my time. I'll do what I want cause this is my life.

Here! Right here! Right now! Right now! I'll stand my ground and never back down.

I know what I believe inside. I'm awake and I'm alive!

Waking up! Waking up!
Waking up! Waking up! Waking up! Waking up!

Peter punched Toomes in the face one final time and the man collapsed, having been knocked out.

Peter released a breath and his knees collapsed underneath him.

Peter fell onto the floor, glad that the fight was finally over.

"Someone help him!"
A man shouted.

Several police officers came up and took Toomes and two paramedics came and carefully carried Peter into an ambulance to take them to the nearest hospital.

~~~~~~~~~~

"This just in, Spider-Mans identity has been released. The spider-themed hero was seen battling the Vulture earlier today when his mask was torn and his face was seen by everyone."
The news woman said.

"Spider-Man is none other than sixteen-year old Peter Parker from Queens, New York. We thank you Mr Parker, from the bottom of our hearts, for keeping us safe all these years."
The news man said.

May turned the hospital tv off and faced her nephew in the bed with pride and a small bit of anger in her expression.

"So Peter, you're Spider-Man?"
May asked.

"Yeah, are you mad at me?"

"Well, for keeping this a secret yes but I'm not mad at you for keeping us all safe. I'm proud of you Pete, and so is Ben and so are your parents."
May softly said.

"Now rest for once, the Avengers will look over Queens."

"Ok May."
Peter said quietly and fell into a deep slumber.

Well I hope you fuckers enjoyed that.

—Penguin🐧