20. Trembling

Peter walked home in the freezing cold.

It was a very warm morning and he thought it wouldn't get cold so he didn't take a jacket with him to school but Peter was proved wrong when it started snowing at 3pm, half an hour before school ended. It was still snowing when school ended and he was forced to walk the twenty minutes home in the freezing cold with just a thin jumper.

~~~

By the time he reached the apartment building, his legs were trembling with each step. He entered the warm building and almost sighed at the warmth.

Peter walked up the stairs and opened the door to the apartment.

He dumped his bag next to the door and nearly dived head first into his nice cozy bed.

~~~

May arrived home at about 7ish and she knew that Peter should be home because he promised that he wouldn't go on patrol that night.

She spotted his bag dumped by the door and looked around for her nephew.

"Peter?"
She called out.

Usually Peter would have replied so she went to his room to make sure he was alright.

"Peter?"
May asked, knocking on his door.

She opened the door and saw Peter sleeping with all of the blankets in the apartment on his bed like a nest.

May smiled at the sleeping boy and closed the door, leaving Peter in his dream.

The dream being, that he got hit by trains constantly but still surviving. (I got that dream last night. It was so weird.)

Shorter than the other one but it's over 100 words.

—Penguin🐧