14. Tear-stained

Yo I had such I brain fart on what to do for this one lmao. Also there might be words that make no sense but I have been reading a book that's based in Scotland in 1869 and it's rlly good. It's called 'His Bloody Project'.

Peter hiccuped as he cried, sitting outside an abandoned building, the rain pouring onto him.

"Why do bad things happen?"
He asked to no one in particular.

"They say that bad things happen to people who are too good for the world, who don't deserve it."
A voice said from behind him and he jumped.

"Jesus?"
Peter asked.

"No, not Jesus, or God either. Just a man with a bow and arrow."
The man said.

"What's your name?"
Peter asked.

The man paused for a minute before saying, "Clint. What's your name?"

"Peter."

"So might I ask why a child is sitting outside in the freezing cold rain? Crying?"

"Why are you creeping about old buildings and spying on teenagers?"

"Fair point kiddo."
The man said and Peter heard some movements before seeing the man sit next to him.

"Nice to meet you kid."
Clint stuck his hand out and Peter shook it.

"Nice to meet you as well sir."

"Don't call me sir, makes me feel old."
Clint said.

"Ok Mr Clint."

"Just Clint is fine. So why are you crying in the freezing cold rain?"

"My aunt died a few weeks ago and I had to get a job to keep the apartment but then I got fired because I was 30 seconds late and I lost the apartment. And nearly everything I own."
Peter said, trying not to start greeting again.

"Do you have anyone to call? A friend or another family member maybe?"
Clint asked.

"Nope. My best friend Ned moved away to Europe because his mum got a new job and I'm the last one in my family."

"That's rough. My wife-well ex-wife now-divorced me because I was too busy with my job that required me to stay away for months and when I did come home, all we would do was argue and she got custody of our kids. So I guess we both have it tough."
Clint sighed.

"So is that why you're hanging around an old building?"
Peter asked.

"Not exactly. Me and some of my friends did something illegal. Very illegal and we are currently hiding from all of the countries in the world."

"How illegal are we talking here, cos it must have been very illegal if every single country in the world is looking for you guys?"
Peter asked.

"Basically, we blew up an old airport. And nearly killed our other friends who all agreed with the countries."

"Daym. That's very illegal."

"Yeah I guess it is. It's bloody baltic, come on, you're coming with me."
Clint said, standing up.

"And how is that meant to sound not creepy?"

"Just come with me. I promise I won't hurt you but my best friend is an ex-Russian spy."
Clint said before pushing a button and a wall disappeared.

"Ok then."
Peter said, grabbed his bag full of the stuff he managed to get and followed Clint down the corridor.

~~~