25.

Nick looks at David as he cleans the blood still running down his face "what happened?" He looks around the room shaking his head "what do you think?"

I roll my eyes and nod towards Ryan "he happened!" Ryan looks me up and down and scoffs "whatever." He looks at Nick and shakes his head "let's just leave."

He looks back at me and shrug "coming here was obviously a terrible idea." He looks at me with angry eyes before walking out the door and down the stairs.

I hear the bathroom door open and I smile "you missed the drama." Natalie walks out looking around shocked "what have I missed?"

She looks at the blood on the floor and looks at David "are you ok?" She walks towards him and checks his nose "what is he doing here?" She looks at me and shrugs "I can explain everything."

Nick laughs nervously and nods "ahhh!" He nods towards Meow and smiles "so the cat is yours?" Natalie nods and smiles "yeah?"

Nick looks towards David and shrugs "and I'm guessing he isn't here with you?" He looks at me and I laugh nervously and shake my head "what? No!"

He looks towards the floor shaking his head and grinning "I should go explain this to my brother." I shake my head and stop him from going out the door "let me?"

He nods and smiles "I will get this cleaned up?" I nod agreeing and smile "thank you."

I walk out the door and he nods "good luck."

I spot Ryan sitting on the steps "Ryan?" He looks at me and shakes his head "I'm sorry."

I walk towards him as he stands up "I shouldn't have hit him." I smile softly and nod agreeing sitting on the steps "can we talk?" I tap the step beside me and he nods and sits down "I don't know what is wrong with me."

The front door opens and I stand up "want to go somewhere we can talk?" I look towards the door and see Nick and Natalie looking out the window "yeah good idea."

He stands up and loses his balance "I got you." I hold onto him and he smiles "thank you."

He looks towards the door and nods "let's go down here a bit?" I nod agreeing and follow him down the street."

We stop and I smile nervously "Natalie moved in with me and David is here with her, not me." He nods firmly and laughs nervously "my bad?" I roll my eyes and smile "I don't do one-night stands or mix business with pleasure."

He smirks and leans towards me "shame." I laugh confused and shake my head "why is that a shame?"

He kisses me without answering and I smile and kiss him back.

After a few seconds I hear a gunshot sound and before I know it I'm on the floor with Ryan covering me with his body.

I look at him and he has a worried look on his face "stay down!"

He looks up and looks around "stay down until I come back!"

He runs towards his car and I stand up and see him drive after the black car as it drives off down the street.

Nick runs out and looks around "what happened?" I shake my head in shock unable to speak "give me your car keys?" I nod agreeing and hand him my car keys and he quickly gets into my car and drives off.

I run back into the house and lock the door "what was that?" I shake my head and grab my phone "I think someone took a shot at us."

Natalie runs into her room and grabs her bag "what?" I shrug as I ring Ryan "I'm not sure but Ryan is chasing them now and Nick just took my car to chase Ryan."

Natalie nod agreeing and looks towards the window "who was it?" I shake my head and hang up as it goes to voicemail "someone in a black car that has been hanging outside for the last few days."

I try ring Nick's number but it goes straight to voicemail "I hope they are ok!" I walk towards the sofa and sit down "it's this car."

I show Natalie the CCTV of the car from tonight and she shakes her head "do you think it followed you back?" I shrug and take a deep breath "I'm not sure. I don't even know who they are or why they are here."

The next 10 minutes I try call Ryan and Nick but they both turn their phones off and it goes straight to voicemail "I hope they are not dead."

I stand up and start pacing the living room "do you think he is ok?" Natalie smiles nervously and nods "I'm sure they are both ok."

David walks towards us and laughs sarcastically "they are here because your lover boy." I raise my eyebrow and scoff "Ryan?" Why would they be here because him?"

David rolls his eyes and sits down "his name isn't even Ryan either? His real name is Ryland Storm."

The next hour David tells us all about Ryland, Nick and the rest of his family.

Confused and in disbelief Natalie grabs my laptop "I thought his bouncer was called Ryland?"

David shakes his head and shows me news articles on his phone "they are well known criminals."

He shrugs and looks at us laughing nervously "I can't believe yous didn't know that?" As Natalie goes through the news articles on my laptop I just sit there looking at his face in each one.

"Are you ok?" I shake my head and shrug "I'm not sure."

She looks at a page and shakes her head "oh my god!"

I look at her and shrug "what?" She shows me the laptop and takes a deep breath "his family own the club we work at?" I shake my head and read through it "what?!"

I look at my phone and shake my head "James told me to watch the news and I would see him but I didn't think anything of it at the time."

Natalie shakes her head and rubs my shoulder "I'm so sorry Belle." I shake my head and shrug "are you going to be ok"? I nod agreeing and smile "I will be fine."

I stand up and wave "I'm going to bed."

I walk towards my bedroom grabbing my bottle water "night."

I close the bedroom door behind me.