40.

The next few days we earn so many tips that we manage to pay the other $50,000 off.

I go down the Friday morning and go shopping for an outfit for my date with Lewis that night. 2 hours and 24 outfits later I finally head home as Natalie is making lunch "hungry?" I smile and nod "always?"

She grabs a plate and places it on the table "how come there is 3 plates?" She laughs nervously and nods towards the stairs "I invited Nick over? I hope you don't mind?" I walk towards the table and shake my head "of course not! Nick is welcome here anytime."

Nick comes down and smiles "I can feel my ears burn?" I smirk and wave "hey!" He sits at the table and smiles "hello."

He looks at my bags and shrugs "what you buy?" I laugh nervously and Natalie walks towards us with the food and sits down "she has a date tonight."

I blush and look towards the floor "a date? Who is the Lucky guy?" Natalie smirks and opens her mouth "just a boy."

She nods and laughs nervously "yeah? Just a boy."

I look at the food and smile "eat up."

I come out the bath and sit in my walk-in closet looking at my new clothes.

"Belle?" I turn around and see Natalie walk in my bedroom "in here!"

She walks in and smiles "are you sure about this?" I shake my head confused and smile "what do you mean?"

She picks up a dress and shrugs "I just want to make sure you are happy?" I look at the dress and smile "Lewis is a nice guy plus he is an animal person? It's only one date too remember."

She smirks and nods firmly "your right." She hands me some heels and smirks "want me to do your makeup and hair?" I sigh and smile "I thought you would never ask!"

She smiles and heads into my room "just sit down and let me take care of you looking amazing!"

I head downstairs all dressed up and Nick smiles "you look amazing." I shrug and turn "thank you!"

I grab my bag and nod "I'm ready."  I see a text from Lewis and I take a deep breath "don't wait up!" I smile at them and wave as I walk towards the door.

I open the gate door and walk outside closing the front door behind me.

I walk towards the car as it approached me "you look amazing!" I smile and get in "thank you."

He hands me flowers and I smile "I love them!"

He nods nervously and smile "ready?" I nod agreeing and he drives off back out the gate and towards a fancy restaurant.

The gate buzzer goes and Natalie shakes her head and walks towards it "wonder what Belle forgot."

She looks at the gate and see's Ryland "it's your brother?" Nick laughs nervously and shrugs "what a surprise?" Natalie raises her eyebrow "did you invite him?" He nods and walks towards her "he was feeling down and Belle isn't here so it's ok for him to come by for a few hours."

She rolls her eyes and opens the gate "you best hope Belle doesn't come back early."

Nick scoffs and smiles as he walks towards the door opening it "I'm sure Ryland would love her date to go bad and she comes home early." Natalie flings a pillow at him and scoffs "I'm being serious! She will kill us."

The evening we eat and head into the cocktail bar and order so many cocktails that I start feeling less nervous the more cocktails I drink.

I look at Lewis and smile "so what made you want to be a vet?" He shrugs and smiles "I don't know if you remember but my dad owned a vet just outside town?"

I smirk and nod "I remember we used to go there every Friday and play with the kittens."

He smirks and nods "we did." I laugh softly and sit up straight "well my dad always said how much he loved being a vet and it was so rewarding so I always wanted to be one and follow into his footsteps I guess."

I smile softly and hold my glass up "to our parents." He cheers my glass and smiles "to our parents."

Natalie walks out into the back yard with more beers "where was we?" She sits down and Ryland flings his head back "where did you say Belle was again?" Natalie and Nick laugh nervously and answer different answers at the same time "so she is having cocktails with an old friend at the spa?" Natalie smiles and nods agreeing "that's right."

He scoffs and shakes his head "she's on a date you mean?" Natalie scoffs and shakes her head "what?! No?" Ryland rolls his eyes and shrugs "I don't care if she is? I just want to make sure she is safe and ok?" Natalie smiles and picks up a beer "she is? She is with her vet."

Ryland and Nick spit their drinks out "what?" Natalie nods nervously and smiles "she is with her vet?"

Ryland looks a Nick and nods "what was his name again?" Natalie and Nick answer at the same time "Vet Duncan."

Natalie shakes her head confused "what is going on?" Ryland stands up and runs towards the house "I need to make a phone call!"

He dials a number and it rings "what is going on?" Ryland looks at Lucky and takes a deep breath "the bug from your old house was found on Lucky's collar."

Natalie shakes her head and grabs her phone "the one Vet Duncan gave her?" Ryland nods and hangs up "she could be in danger so call her and say you need help with something that would make her come here right away."