34.

The rest of the night I look at my phone every 10 minutes "still no reply?" I look at Alisha and shake my head "no."

Her face drops and she looks over towards the VIP "maybe you could ask him in person?"

I laugh nervously and look over "what?" I look over and see Ryland in the VIP with another girl "maybe after."

I laugh nervously and shrug "he looks busy?" I walk towards the group of girls and smile "what can I get you?" One of the girls hands me her card and smiles "your best shots please." I nod and grab shot glasses and a shot bottle.

"You are like really pretty." I see the same girl smiling at me "thank you." I look at her and her friends and smirk "yous are all beautiful too."

Her friend beside her rolls her eyes and shoves her softly "she isn't a lesbian, let it go." The girl rolls her eyes and scoffs "she might be."

Her friend looks at me and raises her eyebrows "are you?" I laugh nervously and look towards Ryland still close with the girl "as much as men are trash I'm not sorry." Her friend smirks "see?" She rolls her eyes and take the shots "shame."

They all walk away and I take a deep breath and look back towards VIP.

Natalie walks towards me and smiles "are you ok?" I nod and look towards the floor "of course." She scoffs and shakes her head "no you're not."

I look at her and shrug as she takes my hand "let's go." She drags me into the back room before I could even argue with her and she sits me down on the chairs.

"What happened?" I shrug and laugh sarcastically "Ryland happened?"

I take a deep breath and look at her "he is here with another girl."

She raises her eyebrow and sits down beside me "what? Ryland is?" I nod firmly and smile "of COURSE he is here with another girl? I mean every girl in town wants him so why would I think I was any different? What made me think he would only be interested in me."

Natalie hugs me and smiles "because you are interesting and the best girl I know? Any boy would be lucky enough to be with you." I smile softly and squeeze her hand "you're the best!"

She shrugs and stands up "I know."

She goes into her locker and takes out her lipstick and perfume "now apply this and spray this and let's show him what he is missing."

We walk back out to the bar and I look over "just ignore him and if she comes over let me handle her?" I laugh softly and shake my head "I will be ok."

She hugs me and air kisses me "you got this!"

I take a deep breath and smile "I got this."

The next few hours I try not look at the VIP area but after a few hours the girl that was all over Ryland comes over towards me and smiles as I approach her nervously.

I stutter unable to speak and get any words out. "I got this."

I feel hands touch my shoulder "what can I get you?"

The girl looks confused for a second but shakes her head and smiles "gin and tonic please."
Natalie nods and grabs her a glass and serves her the drink.

She hands her it and she smiles nervously "thank you." She walks away and I look over at Natalie "I got you." I nod nervously and smile "thank you."

Natalie walk down the other side of the bar and start serving someone waiting at the bar before walking back up "are you ok?" I smile softly and look at Natalie "yeah, I owe you one."

She looks towards VIP as the girl walks back over "I got your back, always." I hug her before walking back up to my area of the bar.

Jason walks over and smiles "busy night beasty?" I grab him the usual beer and nod "it's a weekend so it's usually busy." He looks at the clock and smiles "thanks for the beer."

He walks away and I look at the clock as the hours drag on.

At 3 o'clock the girl with Ryland walks back over and holds her hand out "water please."

I nod and grab her a bottle of water "are you ok?" She laughs nervously and nods opening the water "I just need a minute."

I look at VIP and see Ryland looking at me with a sad look.

I look back at the girl and smile "do you want me to call you a taxi?" She shakes her head and stands up.

"I'm going home with that beautiful man over there!" She points towards Ryland and I laugh nervously "we'll have fun."

She waves as she walks away. I look at the clock again and take a deep breath before walking towards Alisha "can I leave an hour early?" She looks around worried and smiles "of course. Is everything ok?" I smile softly and nod "just feel a little sick."

She smiles and rubs my arm "text me when you get home?" I nod and walk towards the back "I will."

I look towards Natalie and shake my head "don't tell Natalie because she will overreact?" Alisha nods agreeing and smiles "ok."

I grab my stuff from my locker and head out the staff back door to avoid being seen.