39.

I wake up when I hear my phone ring, I pick it up and answer it half asleep "hello?"

I yawn and look at the time "did you forget the code?" I hear Ryland laugh on the other end "Ryland?" I roll my eyes and sit up "hey baby!"

I shake my head and lay back down "your drunk? Good night Ryland!" I hang up and turn my phone off and lay back under the covers.

As I drift off again I hear the front gate ring "please be Natalie." I get out bed and head downstairs and towards the gate "hello?" I look at the camera and see Ryland stumbling holding a bottle whiskey "it's me! I'm sorry!"

I roll my eyes and open the gate "come in!" I walk towards the door and see him drive up "I didn't mean drive!"

I run towards the car and he stops an inch away from me "wow!" he laughs nervously and shrugs "sorry?"

I roll my eyes and walk towards the car door "out!" I take the bottle from him and he walks into the house.

I close the gate and shut the door "what are you doing drink driving?" He sits at the bottom of the stairs and shrugs "I needed to see you?"

I laugh nervously and shake my head "no!" He raise his eyebrow and looks at me confused "no?" I nod agreeing and smile "no!"

I stick the bottle whiskey in the kitchen and grab him a bottle water "you can sleep in the guest bedroom because I don't want you drink driving anymore but this doesn't mean I forgive you!" He smirks and stands up taking the water "fine."

I walk upstairs and he follows "wow!" He grins as he follows me "this room here." I turn around and he kisses me pinning me against the door. He stops and shakes his head "I'm sorry."

I smile nervously and shake my head "goodnight." I slowly walk towards my bedroom and lick my lips "love you!" I look over towards the guest bedroom in shock "what?"

He closes the bedroom door behind him "get it together." I shake my head and go back into my bedroom closing the door behind me. 

I wake up the next morning and see Lucky beside me "morning." He licks my face and I sit up "I'm up."

I grab some clothes and stick them on "let's go check on our guest."

I walk out my bedroom and towards the guest room "Ryland?" I look at the empty bed and shake my head "he left?"

I scoff and shake my head "of course he left without saying thank you."

I go into my room and grab my phone and head downstairs. I start breakfast and see a text from him "thank you for last night and I'm sorry if I was acting inappropriate."

I take a deep breath and place the phone down "I will text him back later."

I grab a banana and head outside.

I walk towards the pool and look inside "wow!"

I smile at the clean pool "good job." I pick up the machine now floating at the edge "I can finally go for a dip."

I stick the machine in the shed at the side of the yard and walk back inside "want to go for a swim?" Lucky barks and I smile "let me get changed then."

I take a deep breath and tilt my head back "I don't have any swimming stuff here?" I look at my clothes and shrug "underwear will need to do."

I take my shorts and t shirt off so I'm only in my pants and bra and head into the pool "wow that is nice!"

I sit on the step in the pool and Lucky jumps in and swims around "you like it?" He swims towards me and stands on the step shaking "take that as a yes?" I smile at him and stroke his head as he sits beside me.

I look at the house and take a deep breath "I still can't believe this place is ours." I cuddle into him and smile "we will look around the area after Natalie wakes up and see if we can find the largest stick for you to dig?"

He licks my face and I wipe it "thanks for that."