19

"ow!" calum cries out, sitting up quickly. one hand immediately goes to his stomach, which feels like the insides had just gotten ripped apart. another loud whimper escapes his lips, and then he's nudging a sleeping ashton awake.

"a-ash," calum cries, shaking his body. ashton wakes up after a couple more nudges.

"hmm, what?" ashton groans, turning to calum.

"my stomach- ow! fuck, ashton, it hurts," calum cries, more tears flowing down his cheeks.

"okay, alright," ashton says, suddenly more awake. he gets out of bed, and walks over to calums side. calum let's out another hiccup, and keeps one hand on his baby bump.

"is it just your tummy that hurts?" ashton asks, placing his hand on top of calums. calum nods, squeezing his eyes shut when another wave of pain crashes over him, making him double over on the bed.

"okay, we're gonna go to the hospital, okay? just wait here for a second," ashton says softly, then rushes out of the room. he quickly rushes out to their garage, and starts the car, making sure to open the garage door afterwards. the time reads a little past three am, which ashton doesn't even process as he rushes back inside, and helps a crying calum out to the car.

"shit, cal," ashton gasps out, after he helped calum in the car, "are you bleeding?"

"just go!" calum cries, his hand tightening on his stomach. ashton nods, rushing into the drivers side, and then speeds all the way to the hospital. it felt like forever, since calum was in so much pain. the road seems to go longer than ashton remembered them by.

nonetheless, ashton was speeding anyway.

he couldn't waste anytime at all.

they finally arrive, in fifteen minutes, even thought it felt like half an hour. ashton hurriedly parks the car, and then rushes over to help calum out of the car.

"a-ashton!" calum cries, barely stumbling into the hospital. nurses rush over with a wheelchair, and everything seems to go by after that. ashton watches them rush calum away, and all he can do is watch since the nurses yel and make him stay up in the waiting room.

_

three hours later, ashtons allowed to go back and see calum. he doesn't know anything about what was going on, and it he was bring honest, there was bile in his throat. the nerves were piling in the bottom of his stomach, and he just felt sick.

ashton was trying his best to think happy thoughts. 

"cal?" ashton whispers, feeling his heart sink when he sees tubes connected everywhere to calum. there was also this big thing, ashton didn't know what the hell it was, over calums stomach.

"ashy," calum sniffs. his eyes were bloodshot red, and he looked so tired with black bags under his eyes, and red-bitten lips (biting his lip from being way too nervous).

"hey, what happened?" ashton asks, rushing over to the side of the bed. he gently grabs calums hand, and lays his other hand on calums cheek. the smaller boy opens his mouth to speak, but before he can, the doctor comes into the room.

"hello calum," the doctor says, nodding his head. then, he nods to ashton.

"hey doc," calum mumbles.

"so, after being in contact with your primary physician-"

"my baby is fine, right?" calum asks, voice breaking as tears pool in his sad, tired eyes. calum just wanted his baby to be okay.

"yes, calum. the baby is fine. in fact, since the baby is growing in such...a small area, the fetus is starting to push against your inner muscles, we'll say. this time, even though the fetus was moved previously, the fetus was actually right up against your bladder, and somehow managed to rip part of that muscle apart. it was nothing to serious, but it caused a lot of pain."

calum gulps, feeling a little weight being lifted.

"now, what scares me more is that the fetus still has a lot of growth. and, you dont have the right reproduction system. the baby doesn't have the protection and room like it normally would inside a female's reproduction system."

"what are you saying, doc?" ashton asks, holding calums hand tighter.

"well, i guess what i mean to say is, that another surgery has to happen asap. we're gotta get that fetus around something else, and make even a little room for the fetus. now, calum, you do realize that since your a male, and your body is not made to reproduce, this will be extremely hard?"

"yes, i do."

"you're looking at surgery's to help the baby. you're looking at all these other things that your body doesnt have. the more you and the fetus grow, the more harder it will be. but, your primary physician is a great guy. in fact, tomorrow, you will be transferred to that hospital, where he will be conducting the surgery. since he is more knowledgeable, and knows more about this situation. for now, calum, you and your baby are completely fine."

__________________________

you know, i can only do so much research about human anatomy before i say fuck it, it's a story lmao
comments? predictions?
unedited
love u!