32

calums surprise baby shower

"alright, is everything ready?" ashton whispers into the phone.

"yes, ashton. for the fifth time, yes. now keep him busy. we'll be there in ten," michael says, his annoyed voice coming through the phone. ashton sighs, and nods.

"thank you guys so much," ashton says. the phone call ends soon after that, making ashton retreat back to calums room. the pregnant boy was still fast asleep, making ashtons heart swell at the sight.

ashton didnt want to wake calum up, but his surprise party was going to start in less than twenty minutes. so, calum needed to be awake. it was already ten in the morning.

"hey, darling," ashton says softly, gently nudging calums body. the younger boy let's out a whimper, and a sigh.

"no, ash, dont wanna wake up," calum mumbles, turning his head away from ashton.

"come on, baby. i've been here for an hour while you've slept...can't i spend some time with you while you're awake?" ashton pouts softly.

"fine," calum grumbles, and looks at ashton sleepily, "i didnt sleep good last night."

"awe, why not baby?" ashton asks, putting his hand on calums baby bump.

"the baby kept kicking. it kinda hurt."

a bit of color drains from ashtons cheeks. of course the baby was kicking while he was gone. he was still determined to feel his baby kick one more time before delivery.

"i wish i could've felt our baby kick."

"i guarantee the baby will kick again," calum says, a soft smile on his face, "now, can you please get me some juice? im really thirsty."

"of course."

ashton gets calum some apple juice, and as soon as he sits down, mike and luke come strolling into the room. there's pink and baby blue balloons, a big stuffed bear, and other small gifts in their hands as they come into the room.

"w-what?" calum gasps, seeing everything they have. it makes more happiness flood in his heart. the balloons, the gifts...his best friends. tears came to calums eyes.

"since you're in the hospital for the rest of the pregnancy," michael says, setting the big stuffed animal down in the corner of his room.

"we brought your baby shower to you," luke says, finishing michaels sentence.

calums got both his hands over his mouth as the tears start falling down his cheeks.

"y-you guys didnt have to do this," calum stutters, looking at his best friends happily.

"we didn't. it was ashtons idea," michael says, nodding at ashton with a smile. calum turns his attention to ashton, and starts to cry harder.

"y-you did t-this?"

"yeah," ashton whispers, holding onto calums hand, "we're having a baby. having a baby means a baby shower. it was suppose to be at home...but things had to get rearranged. i hope you still like the party though."

"i appreciate you even doing this," calum whispers, a huge smile on his face, "i love you so much."

"i love you too," ashton says, wiping a tear off of calums cheek, "now let's enjoy this party."

"where do you want the gifts?" luke asks, not wanting to ruin their moment. michael just smiled his best friend. calum and ashton were so in love - there was no doubt in his mind that ashton was the right man for calum.

michael knew calum would be safe and happy.

"m-mom?" calum gasps, smiling impossibly wider when his mother walks into the room.

"hi, sweetheart," his mother says, a lot of presents in both her hands, "im not done bringing stuff in. i still have a cake in the car."

more tears fall down calums cheeks as he turns back to ashton.

"i love you so fucking much," calum whispers.

"i love you too."

_

the day goes by in a flash for calum. all of his friends, plus ashtons friends, and family came to calums surprise baby shower. the other side of calums hospital room was just gifts from everybody. the cake his mother brought was all gone. by the time everyone had come and gone, it was just the two, and calum was beyond exhausted. and, calums heart was so overfilled with happiness.

"can we just open all the gifts tomorrow?" calum asks, "im so tired."

"of course," ashton says, biting his lip, "i have one more present for you, though. wanted to give this one to you while we were alone."

"oh?" calum mumbles. all the exhaustion leaves calums body when ashton pulls out a small black box.

"calum hood," ashton says, his voice shaky, "you have been my light for almost four years now. you've been there at my lowest, but you've also been there at my highest. i've had you to lean on - yet, you've also leaned on me. you make my days so much better. fuck, im so in love with you. i want to spend the rest of my life with you..."

"...will you marry me?"

___________________________

oop
guys we're getting close
comments? predictions?
unedited
love u!