34

30 weeks pregnant

the minute calum had been thirty weeks pregnant, their story was the first on every news station, the front of the paper...it was everywhere.

it read:

CALUM HOOD AND ASHTON IRWIN

TWO SMALL TOWN HIGH SCHOOL SWEETHEARTS ARE PREGNANT? HOW THE DOCTORS ARE CALLING THE THIRTY WEEK PREGNANT BOY AND HIS BABY A MIRACLE.

within no time, the two small town boys were the biggest headline to date. the hospital had to send a request for the police since everyone was coming to the hospital calum was at - whether it was to cheer along in happiness about the situation or read bible versus' about how same sex couples are a sin.

poor calum had got more stressed about it, so the doctors had to give him a relaxer since stress was bad for the both of them. ashton was now allowed to stay at the hospital 24/7, and the staff was nice enough to move a bed into the room so ashton could sleep next to calum. the last couple weeks were coming up on both boys, and both of them were getting more and more scared.

neither would admit it though.

so, they just kept quiet and stayed next to each other in their small little hospital room.

_

"ash?"

"yes, hun?"

"what happens if i die?"

ashton opens his eyes at the question, and does his best to look at calum in the dark of their room. it was about two thirty in the morning, and neither of the boys could sleep. it had been a long day. the question, though, really caught ashton by off guard. something wasn't right with calum.

"what kind of question is that?" ashton asks.

"i mean, if i die will you tell our child about me?"

"calum, you're not gonna die," ashton says, and places his hand on calums cheek. goosebumps rose on ashtons skin, and a bad feeling starts growing in his gut.

"you don't know that."

"i do know that," ashton says, voice a bit hurt, "why would you ask that? where did my strong fiancé go?"

"i don't know," calum mumbles sadly, "'m just not feeling too strong tonight."

"oh, love," ashton whispers, laying his body right against calums side, "you'll be just fine. we're gonna have a healthy baby, and we're gonna be the cool parents that all our baby's friends are jealous about."

the bad feeling starts to turn into a good one, which makes ashton feel better.

calum giggles, "yeah. we're gonna be cool parents."

"hell yeah we are," ashton says, placing a reassuring kiss to calums head, "so quit overthinking, turn your brain off, and please try to get some rest. you need it, baby."

"m'kay, ashy. i love you. thank you for talking to me. you always make me feel better."

ashton smiles, and was extremely thankful that it was dark that way calum couldn't make fun of the blush covering his cheeks.

"i love you too. you know im always here for you."

with that, the two settle down, and manage to fall asleep - hearts full and happy.

______________________

cute lil chapter
comments? predictions?
unedited
love u!