20

the surgery goes fine. calum is released within a week, and is back at home on bed rest. ashton takes some time off to help calum relax, de-stress, and heal up from the procedure.

calum doesnt feel to well, though. through out his bed rest, he hasn't had any morning sickness. just a lot of pain. ashton wishes he could take some of it away. cause waking up to calum crying, every morning, was something that tore his heart up.

"ash, please," calum hisses, his hand going to lay on his stomach.

"hey, im going to make you some tea, okay?" ashton says, laying his hand on calums sweaty forehead, "i'll dissolve one of those pain pills in it. will you be okay for a couple minutes?"

"yeah," calum says, sniffing a bit. ashton places a soft kiss to calums head, then rushes out of the room. calum watches with sad eyes. his body hurt, so bad, from where they had to cut into his stomach.

calum knew the pain would fade off, with every passing day, but it just hurt really bad. he wanted to cuddle ashton, he wanted to be curled up in ashtons arms and be all warm and comfy.

"hey, baby," ashton says, walking back into the room holding a hot cup of tea, "can you sit up for me?"

"it hurts," calum whimpers, slowly sitting up.

"i know it does, but the tea is going to help," ashton says, sitting on the bed next to calum. calum just nods, and leans against ashtons side.

"thank you," calum whispers, taking the hot cup from ashton once he's comfy enough. ashton hums, and wraps an arm around calum.

"do you think the baby is okay?" calum asks after a sip of the tea.

"of course, the baby is fine. the doctor even said so, love," ashton says softly, reassuringly rubbing calums arm. the younger boy nods, seeming lost in thought, making ashton frown.

"what are you thinking so hard about, love?"

"just the baby," calum says, tears staring to cloud his eyes, " what if the baby doesn't make it? what if it's all my fault because i don't have the right body nor the right reproductive parts and the baby doesn't make it? i would do anything for this baby ashton, and im so scared that im going to lose the baby and that's the last thing i want."

"hey, love, calm down, okay?" ashton says, laying on of his big hands on calums cheek, "we're going to do everything we can for this baby. we're going to make sure that this baby is born and the baby is healthy and the baby is loved. this baby is going to be so loved by me and so loved by you. now i need you to quit thinking all these bad thoughts, okay? i need all your positivity. where did all that go?"

"im sorry," calum whispers, wiping at his eyes.

"it's okay, love," ashton whispers, "i understand why you are so upset over this. it is a very scary thing to go through, but im going to be right by your side the whole time. you know this. you know i would never let you go through this alone. this is our baby, love, ours."

"yeah," calum hiccups, a smile growing on his face as he thinks about their baby.

"now, enough of this crying, okay?" ashton asks, "i don't want you to cry anymore. why don't we lay down and get some rest? i think we all need some rest. especially our baby."

calum giggles, "yeah, ashy. i am kinda tired."

"me too, love," ashton whispers, "now why dont you finish that tea first, that way that pain pill can kick in."

calum nods. sometimes he forgets why he ever gets sad, or upset, or scared in the first place when he has ashton right by his side.

always by his side.

_________________________

another filler, kinda
more sad coming im sorry
comments? predictions?
unedited
love u!!