42

"ash," calum groans, nudging a sleeping ashton, "get paxton."

paxtons cries echo the silent house - and calum could feel himself start to cry. it felt like he had just fallen asleep when paxton woke him up crying...and, calum wouldn't admit this but he could feel the sleep trying to coax him back into unconsciousness. all calum wanted to do was sleep since he was so tired.

"'m goin," ashton grumbles, slowly rolling out of bed. calum sighs in relief when he hears ashton pad out of the room, down the hall, to paxtons room. after a couple minutes of ashtons hushed whispers, paxtons cries are stopped, and the house is once again silent.

calum rolls over into ashtons spot, curling up in the warmth that ashton left on the sheets. calum didnt know why, but a sudden wave crashes over him. one that makes him really miss ashton.

calum, as tired as the poor boy is, knows he isn't going to be able to fall back asleep unless he's cuddled up next to ashton.

"ashy?" calum calls out, rolling onto his back. there isn't an answer, so calum assumes ashton is either feeding him or changing him. so, he sucks it up until ashton is quietly coming back into their bedroom.

"are you awake, darling?"

"yeah. wanna cuddle, please ashy."

"okay, darling, im coming," ashton says softly. he lays down in bed, next to calum, making calum whimper softly, and immediately latch onto ashtons side.

"missed you," calum whispers, nuzzling his nose into ashtons neck.

"i missed you too," ashton whispers, pulling calum close, "is everything okay?"

"i don't know," calum whispers, "i know you're right here, and you've always been by my side...but paxton has me so stressed and i just missed you."

"being a parent isn't easy," ashton hums, "by any means. these sleepless nights won't stop anytime soon. i know what you're going through. how about, maybe in the morning, we can see if luke and mike can watch paxton for a night."

"i can't..." calum mumbles, "i don't-i can't leave paxton alone. i just can't. not yet."

"i understand that, honey,"

"but, i wouldn't mind them staying here, with us, for a night,"

"okay. we can see if they want to do that," ashton says softly, "cause you need one good night's rest."

"so do you, ashy," calum giggles. ashton smiles, and leans down, placing his soft lips on calums plump ones. calum kisses back with the same amount of love. after a couole slow swipes of their lips, ashton pulls back akd places a soft kiss to calums head.

"go back to sleep, honey."

"okay, ashy. i love you."

_

the next morning, ashton wakes up before calum, so he gets paxton and goes down to the kitchen, where he texts his friends and feeds his baby. ashton and paxton play in the living room (which is paxton just playing with one of ashtons fingers, basically).

when calum walks into the living room, after 12 in the afternoon, ashton smiles.

"well, good afternoon, sleepyhead," ashton teases, rocking paxton in his arms. calum just pouts, and curls up next to ashton on the recliner. so, ashto leans in back.

calum falls asleep, head tucked under ashtons chin, and paxton is fast asleep on his chest and ashtons heart soars. he's got his two boys, cuddled up with him, and there isnt any other place he would ever want to be.

its funny, ashton thinks, they say Disney is the happiest place in the world, yet im the happiest man right here, with my two boys.

ashton, in all of his love and happiness, falls asleep too. right where he wants to be.

_____________________

some cuteness...
comments? predictions?
unedited
love u!