158(M)

Yes

                       TardisTexan

Amy looked at the Doctor and yawned. "Sleep, I need sleep. Come on Rory, let's go to bed." Rory nodded and followed. It had been a long day for them. The Doctor had picked them up in the middle of their anniversary party and whisked them off straight to an adventure. They had been up for too long and needed to sleep.

After they had gone off to bed the TARDIS was quiet and the Doctor went to the kitchen for a cup of tea. He thought about the lovely party that he had walked in on at their house. There were so many people there, friends and family celebrating them. Everyone loved Amy and Rory, and why wouldn't they? Amy and Rory were amazing.

Then he remembered their wedding and how much fun it had been. He had danced and danced. And then at the end of the night, there was River. My god, she had been breathtaking. He remembered every detail - the curls in her hair and the ropes of pearls shining against the dark black of her coat. He had wanted to kiss her, to bring her inside the TARDIS and make her tell him all of her secrets. But she had disappeared, just like that. That night, while Amy and Rory slept, he had thought about her. He shamefully remembered what he had done to himself while thinking of River, probably right when she was being conceived. "Oh wow, let's not go there Doctor," he said aloud.

But he couldn't stop thinking about how beautiful she had been that night. For a very long time after, each time it was quiet in the TARDIS he had found himself picturing her over and over in his mind. The Doctor wandered back into the control room. He leaned against the console and thought about her. So much had happened for him between that night and now. Now he knew who she was and he had made her his wife. He had spent many nights dreaming about how it would be to be with her, but it didn't live up to their actual nights together. Every night they had spent together had been exquisite. But even though he had made so many other memories of her, the way she looked that night had never left him. The Doctor inputted coordinates without thinking. And not thinking about it was probably how he got it right and what got him to the exact moment he wanted to go to.

He was parked and cloaked against the wall of Stormcage, just outside of her cell. He was watching the scanner as she made her way back to her cell and went inside, locking the door behind her. Such a good girl, he thought. She took off the vortex manipulator and hid it in the box the Doctor had made for her (bigger on the inside). She was just about to take off her coat when she heard "Turn around."

She turned around and saw the Doctor. He was casually leaning against the open door of the TARDIS. "Hello, Sweetie" she said. But in her mind, she was trying to figure out his age. This Doctor has some years on him, she thought. He was leaning against the door with a look of desire on his face. Look at that confidence. River felt the anticipation bloom in her stomach and then move downward. Delicious.

"You look even more beautiful than I remembered." The Doctor titled his head back toward the TARDIS. "Your parents are asleep inside, I picked them up at their anniversary party. It made me remember their wedding and how you looked. You were the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, and after you left I couldn't stop thinking about you." He didn't move from the door, but he held up his screwdriver and pointed it towards her cell, unlocking it. "Come here, River," he said.

She walked to him, closing the door quietly behind her. She stood in front of him, looking up into his face. He reached out and took one of her curls and stretched it and watched it spring back. His voice was low, "You teased me that night. All that Yes business. It drove me crazy, wondering who you were."

River reached up and adjusted his tie. "Is that all you thought about? Who I was?" she asked, using her teasing, come hither tone.

"Oh no," he touched her face. "I thought about lots of things. Lots of very inpure things. Including stripping every bit of this off of you and finding out if you were just as beautiful outside of your clothes as you were in them."