Chapter 88: End of it

I'm so sorry, Ichiru.

I stared up at the sky, slowly watching everything fade away. Senri was really killing me. I never thought I would be choked to death.

"Senri!" A new voice screamed out angrily. A female. Rima? "Senri, let her go!"

"Hmm?" Senri's grip around my neck disappeared as he turned around, forgetting about me. I fell to the floor, coughing, and feeling like a limp ragdoll as the world spun around me.

"Who are you?" Rima's voice was a growl, her golden-orange ponytails swinging on the sides of her head as she confronted Rido. "You're not Senri."

"No, I'm not," Senri replied boredly, glancing her up and down. "The eyes give it all away don't they?"

"You monster." Electricity sparked at Rima's fingertips as she glared at Senri. "Leave Senri alone!" Swiftly chopping the air, pale blue electricity surrounding her hand, she flew at Senri, her face an expression of a curious mix of concentration and anger.

"How violent," Senri leapt aside, his whip snapping through the air towards Rima. "I would be careful if I were you." The whip struck Rima on the cheek, creating a small cut and stopping her short. Blood began to seep through the edges of the cut.

"Injuring a model's face is low," Rima remarked, straightened up. "Luckily I heal fast." The wound on her face sealed up neatly, until it was as though it had never existed.

"Are you sure?" Senri's treacherous whip struck out as Rima once more. This time, she deflected it neatly with a spark of blue electricity.

"I'm sure. I'll make you'll wish you had never touched Senri." Blue static shot across the roof to the blue-and-brown-eyed vampire. Within seconds it had engulfed Senri, sizzling and crackling like a firework.

"So weak," Senri commented. Slicing the air with one hand, he calmly dissipated the electric force. "You are far below my standards."

"What?" Rima's face had disbelief scrawled all over it. "How could you-"

"I'm not Senri," Senri interrupted. "Senri was weak. I am not."

"Was?" Rima challenged him, recovering from her initial shock. "I know he's still in there somewhere. I will make him come out."

"Be my guest," Senri swept a mocking bow, his mismatched eyes taunting the female aristocrat.

"Senri, just come out already!" Rima lunged forward, blue sparks gathering at her fingertips. "Don't let this monster take over your body!"

There was no reply, as Senri deflected Rima's attack with his whip.

Back and forth the two of them fought, Rima shooting sparks at Senri, as her body whirled in a storm of leaps, jumps and twists while deflecting his blood whip. Senri matched her movements, leaping back and jumping with equal grace and expertise, while flicking his whip around, trying to find a way past Rima's defense.

Watching the two of them fight made my eyes hurt, catching every one of their movements. The concrete of the roof was cold against my cheek, dark grey obscuring part of my vision. Rima fought against Senri well, but she couldn't even overpower him. What was I thinking? Going against a pureblood in an aristocrat's body, with no fighting experience, no fighting ability in fact, just armed with a bow and arrows. Totally a great defense. I really was some little girl trying to be tough.

No powers, no abilities. All I could do was lie there while Rima did the real work and fought Senri. Where was my light ability when I needed it? What was the point of an ability when it came when it wasn't needed or wanted, and disappeared the minute I wanted it?

My head hurts. Right now, all I wanted to do was sleep.

"Stop it, Senri!" Rima's shout of frustration broke through my thoughts. I looked up, just in time to see her getting hit full-on in the stomach with Senri's whip. She landed on the ground hard, a thump resounding through the air. The smell of her blood wafted into the air, sweet and aristocratic. Rima rolled to the side just as the whip struck the floor where her head had been.

"Be careful," Senri cooed from across the roof. "That was a deep wound. You don't want to aggravate it."

"Are you even listening?" She exclaimed at the vampire standing on the other side of the roof. Blue static jumped and leapt across her skin as she stood up. "Get this monster out of your body already!"

"I'm getting tired of this," Senri replied abruptly. "It's useless fighting me. You'll never get what you want that way." As if he had finally come to a decision, his whip sliced through the air in a final blow at Rima.

"Dammit, Senri," Rima growled through gritted teeth. In her wounded condition, she couldn't avoid the strike. "You should love yourself more!"

The whip struck her neck, sending flecks of blood flying as the force sent her flying backwards, off the side of the roof. I closed my eyes, praying that it wasn't true. Rima just lost the fight. I was doomed, and so was Rima.

"Rima," Senri's barely audible voice muttered. I opened my eyelids a crack, peeking at Senri.

His whip was gone and he didn't seem so...maddened any more. Wait - was it just me, or were his eyes the same colour again? Icy blue, with no hints of red-brown. Yes. They were back to normal and Senri's face expression proved it.

"Rima." His voice was louder this time as he ran to the edge of the roof, looking down. My eyelids slowly began to close, too tired to hold themselves up. The smell of blood still lingered in the air, making my mouth water, but I had no energy nor intention to go bloodsucking. My close escape with Senri further heightened my fears of drinking blood, whether the victim or the predator.

Footsteps vibrated the ground next to my ear. I had no idea who it was, my eyes were closed, and my mind hovering on the edge of darkness. The last thing I felt before I lost myself, was arms picking me up and lifting me off the ground.