chapter 56

Viviana's POV:

I have work today and I am just dreading the idea of getting out of bed. My alarm clock went off twice already.

I groan and kick my feet onto the floor, pulling my groggy body up with them. I didn't feel like getting ready so I slipped on some skinny jeans, a t-shirt, and my leather jacket.

I tied my creepers on and grabbed my keys.

When I got there, I grabbed my apron from the back seat and tied it on After I took off my jacket.

When I walked into the store, Liz was already there along with our coworker Jane and Sam.

I was on cash register today so I quickly got behind the counter. "Hey Liz." I smiled. The store wasn't big at all, if anything it was smaller than my living room.

"Hey!" She waved and started pulling out the new bar soaps, piling them so they'd look nice on display.

One thing I know for sure, I'd never get tired of this smell. I always get home smelling nice.

When it came to break, I remembered that I didn't bring my lunch. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not.

"You don't have your lunch today." She looked down at me.

"No. I forgot it." I shrugged. "I'll eat when I get home it's cool. " she frowned.

"I'll buy you something. Do you want a salad or something? " I chuckled.

"No I'm fine." I shook my head.

We met Diana at the round table we've been sitting at for the past few weeks. She was sitting there in a pink polka dot tank top and some light skinny jeans.

"Hey." I smiled and sat down in front of her and Liz. She was eating a burger, making me want to gag. I don't understand how skinny she was and she doesn't have to work for it.

We talked for a while until I noticed Diana eyeing me. I tried my best to avoid her eye contact but it was awkward having someone just sit there in complete silence.

"You're not gonna eat?" She asked.

"Uh I forgot my lunch. I'll eat when I get home." I shrugged. I have to say it felt a bit awkward sitting here and watching them eat but hey, what else am I gonna do?

"You should really eat more girl you look like a bag of bones. " I notice Liz kick her under the table.

I wasn't too close to Diana. I do like her she's nice, but I don't think I'd be able to be very close to her.

It was silent for a little bit but knowing Liz, She always finds a way to make things better.

"So have you looked around the city yet? Any places you like?" I shook my head with my lips pulled to the side.

"No. I mean the only places I go are here and home. The grocery store." I chuckled at the face she made.

"I mean I know it's Fresno but c'mon. There's lots you can do! We're taking you to El Paso." Diana nodded while shoving a fry in her mouth.

"Where?" I asked while picking at the dried skin above my fingernails.

"Its an outdoor shopping center here. Its more in town though. We'll pick you up later." I nodded.

"Anyways we should get back to work. " I nodded. They threw away their lunch and we got back to the shop.

Work was short. Not too many customers. Fourth of July is over with and we have some deals going on so it is more active but not too crazy.