Chapter 71: Reminiscent Of War

Warfare.

Whatever it was that went down on a battlefield that stretched endlessly, it was surely a spectacle to behold. The scale of the current battle was incomparable to any other.

As life energy was stored within one's soul, there was a limit to one's energy capacity. The energy capacity of a magician depended totally on their lifespan and thus, their race.

Humans were strong-minded souls, yet due to their biological properties and their short lifespans, they were incapable of performing enough spells before running out of energy and thus, ceasing to exist.

However, with the powers granted by their gods, humans were a strong force representing not just those on Earth, but all the magicians in the universe, during the War of Gods.

It would not be an exaggeration when said that this particular battle was the most glorious, brutal, and technically, the longest.

The War of Gods was an event of conceptual entities utilizing their large quantities of minions and armies to their fullest. It took place in a conceptual location outside of the multiverse so that all sides could extract their armies from all corners of the world.

Wizards lined up as powerful artillery at the rear of their armies. From humans to creatures like beastmen, giants, and orcs, warriors flooded the battlefield with their roars and cries.

However, it should be noted that the name of the Infinite Battlefield was to be taken literally. The multiverse contained infinite worlds, and most of them were involved in the war.

The influence of the gods covered the entire multiverse. Their faction extracted troops and supplies from the multiverse to keep up with the Adversaries, whose armies seemed to be indestructible.

The Infinite Battlefield was not just an endless plain of bloodshed and magical bombardments, it was a conceptual event that took place not only beyond, but also within the confines of the endless worlds that swirled about in the multiverse.

A conceptual event within a conceptual location held and caused by conceptual beings of divinity and chaos.

The War of Gods was an event that forever scarred the structure of the multiverse. Never before had such a large amount of energy been present in the same instance.

As the War of Gods was so great, it became a concept which forever continued outside of the time axis of the multiverse.

This meant that no alterations to any pasts, futures, or presents, could affect the War of Gods. It was an event completely isolated from the great Vault of Time, the omnipotent storage of worlds that magicians strived to reach.

A step further to the conclusion of the War of Gods was the invasion and destruction of countless worlds by the Adversaries.

It was then that the gods realized they had to take measurements before the Adversaries would destroy all of the worlds, and thus, eliminate the source of their forces.

However, the plan of the Adversaries to finally end the war once and for all laid not in the notion to destroy the civilizations supporting the gods.

The pure form of wrath and animosity.

After all, the gods were pure and perfect forms of the concepts they represented. Yet, this particular entity was not of divinity. This specific man was clad in jet-black armor and sported demonic wings that kept him afloat in the air as he observed the spectacle he'd just arrived to.