Chapter 39: Hell's Haul

I can do this! I don't know how the hell I'm going to defeat this thing, but if it's for Kaede's sake... then I'd gladly do anything.

A huge monster that stood about 14 meters tall glared at Horu as it licked its fangs in a clockwise rotation.

Sparks lit up here and there around its mouth as the dragon mentally lusted for bigger prey.

Horu Sakaki.

The dragon's eyes resembled a swamp filled with toxic waste, which matched perfectly with the color of its scales.

"Horu, I have a plan..."

Kaede yanked Horu's sleeve and looked up at him; he was slightly taller than her.

She leaped forward to intervene in his approach to the dragon and held her hand against his ears and whispered the words...

"First floor."

Horu—as dense as he was—looked utterly stupefied as he tried to figure out the meaning behind Kaede's words.

She chuckled, then continued with a single gesture.

Her left index finger pointed to the ground, causing Horu to have guessed correctly in his head.

"But, our classma—"

"Shh! Don't worry, I'll handle them. You can do it, Horu. I believe in you... Now, go get him."

Kaede's fists were clenched and her cheeks filled up with air. Horu smiled, knowing that this woman would always have his back and offer solace.

"Make haste, boy. You certainly know how to make a poor dragon—?!"

The moment had arrived.

Horu Sakaki got into a battle with an actual dragon, rather than those that he'd one-shot in games.

The boy vanished from his position before the dragon could even finish its sentence.

He came into sight in front of the dragon's very own eyes with a familiar spear in his grasp; it was Rokuro's.

A moment ago, Horu used his speed to quickly pick up the spear. He threw it mid-air at a spot that the dragon hadn't expected.

Its legs.

Again, Horu dissolved himself from the dragon's vision, only to appear inside one of Kaede's barrier.

Within the barrier was the body of another of Allen's friends, who had a large portion of its neck missing.

Horu looked at the body with remorse.

It was at that exact moment, that the dragon became enraged and fired a large blaze at Horu.

Of course, nothing had resulted from his wrath due to the barrier. Horu squatted down and picked up a short sword that waited patiently next to its dead owner.

I'm sorry, but I'll have to lend this from you real quick. I promise that I'll give it back.

Furthermore... Rest in peace. I didn't know you, and you seemed like a dick. But I hope that you'll get to see whatever god that overseers the Heavens. This one's for you... and Sensei.

No matter how much I hate it, this is reality. Now, it's time to slay a dragon.

At nearly 30% of the speed of light, Horu appeared from one of his targets to the other.

Slash! Slash! Slash!

He blitzed around, not being perceived by the human eye, at all. He was aiming for the dragon's legs, however, he found that his actions were futile.