Chapter 64: Predator's Domain

"Horu, did you say something?"

Lily, the Demon princess that had steeled her resolve in order to come with Horu on his journey through Hell, looked back and asked him why he muttered that unfamiliar name.

The latter looked around, pointing at the statues that decorated the hollow streets. He noticed that the presence he felt, did not originate from the male statues spread around the Greek city.

Where did these small gatherings of life energy come from? The statues were no candidates for the answer to that question. Instead, he suddenly heard the closing of a window behind him.

It was then.

Horu locked eyes with a seemingly poor woman whose brown hair was styled in a side plait. Her bright, red eyes were taken over by her child, who peeked while hiding behind her mother's leg.

Shut!

The windows closed rapidly, returning the silence to the streets. The traveler that came from a different realm, looked around, targeting the tiny sources of energy.

These are all women, locked inside their homes. They fear something, but what could it be? If it was Medusa, why—!

Shurururuk!

A faint light was emitted from behind Horu. No. The pink light came from all around him. As if he'd suddenly found himself in a disco.

But that wasn't the case.

The sounds of bones cracking, stone grinding against stone, and weapons being drawn, replaced the silence that represented the street's deadly atmosphere.

"What the..."

Horu couldn't help but furrow his brows as the statues of stone came to life and brandished their weapons.

From longswords, daggers, greatswords to swinging maces. The difference in social class bared its chest as militia, ordinary citizens and criminals alike came together as puppets with shiny pink eyes.

Even when dozens. No, hundreds of pairs of eyes were staring at him, he felt only a single pair capable of threatening his existence.

"Uhm... Horu? Is it me, or are these statues about to kill us?"

The puppeteer responsible for this madness.

"Stay close to me. Whatever you do, do not look them in the eyes."

Horu commanded his dear companions, both of which clutched to his arms. The warmth somehow reminded him of a certain individual who used to do that all the time

Even so, it was not like he needed his arms to demolish the stone creatures; he formed a devilish grin on his face.

The cold bloodlust that coveted his eyes was so dense, that even his female companions started to fear him. Their limbs shivered, even though they knew that they could not be in any safer hands.

Horu Sakaki.

Was this beastly enigma truly the son of the world's greatest magician?

Ignis, the King of Gods.

Or was he the god proclaimed to be the mightiest of all?

All of you, I shall slaughter you! And when I'm done, I'll make sure that bitch, Medusa, never sees the light of day! Heh... is that even possible in a realm where light barely even exists?

Fragments of his past self had protruded Horu Sakaki, as the latter's memories also remained jumbled.

Horu was looking for answers; he was searching for a way out. And to do so...