Chapter 43: Locus Amoenus

"Head Principal!"

"No need to fret. I am right here, Sophie."

"Oh, god! You had me so worried! It's chaos out there!"

Aegis's assistant barged inside his office for the first time. He furrowed his brow as he looked back at the young woman who acted out of character.

Her name was Sophie Ragner, the fifth-ranked magician at the Global Magicians Association, and the Head Principal's assistant.

The 26-year old lady had fluffy, kelly green-colored hair with a length that didn't go beyond her shoulders.

She possessed a slender figure and was most noticeable by her cute freckles.

Even though she was a shy and timid woman, Sophie had a wicked split personality that came to light whenever she ought to resort to violence.

Her psychotic split personality fused with her magic type and her use of weaponry.

She was given the name, 'Green Mimic.'

She was a user of a rare magic type, Morph magic.

Morph magic had a smaller number of skills than the rest of the magic types and was created by the Goddess of Shape.

This magic type allowed its users to alter the shapes and images of objects and organisms. It was one of the few magic types that granted the users authority to make minor changes to reality itself.

Sophie's fluffy, kelly green-colored hair swung around swiftly in the air as a gust of wind pushed her back by two steps.

She then noticed the enormous gap in the wall on the opposite side of the office where the fancy polished desk and chairs were placed.

Aegis' back intentionally faced Sophie.

His muscled posture made for a great diversion from the individual that stood about a football field in length away from him.

The two stared each other down with malicious intent.

"Run, Sophie!"

He roared without moving an inch.

"Who's that? What's going on? Head Principal, please. Let me help."

The woman scurried around his back, trying to get a view of who the Head Principal was facing but he wouldn't let her.

She got annoyed and pouted.

"Sophie. Please, run."

Aegis hadn't lost sight of his opponent, but would sooner or later have the disadvantage if she didn't quit disobeying him. Sophie continued scurrying from behind him briskly until...

"Sophie Ragner!"

"Eh?"

Sophie shot backward in response. She got taken aback by Aegis's sudden outburst and held her arms close to her chest as she sheepishly retreated.

"Evacuate to safety as soon as possible. That is an order!"

"Y-yes, sir. P-please, don't get hurt."

Aegis couldn't see her expression but he knew that those words bore a lot of strong emotions. After all, the young lady had been his assistant for years.

To students and colleagues, she looked like a cold-hearted assassin ready to take any threats out in an instant.

However, the green-colored enigma known as Sophie Ragner was in reality a shy lady with a timid heart. It was a side of her that was only accessible by Aegis, the man she looked up to and cherished.