Chapter 15: Endless Spawn

A damn wolf?!

How did a wolf get inside a fucking tower?!

Horu thought as the three-eyed and three-tailed creature stared at his soul. Its ferocious jaws had slime drooling all over them.

"Celestial Slash."

An invisible force made its way through the target. In a matter of seconds, the wolf was cut in half by the force.

Horu used yet another skill he shouldn't know anything of.

What is this...

This is way too overpowered! Did I hack that bastard in two with a single movement? It seems this is all finally getting interesting.

As he boasted his victory, more figures appeared in the room. They multiplied by the minute.

W-what...

There's no entrance...

And the exit...

"..."

The only entrance to the room was the one that Horu emerged from. However, it had already vanished when Horu turned around to escape. His companion was near death and he didn't have much energy left.

Guess I'll just have to fight them.

It was then that Horu noticed the slight change in the dead wolf's eyes. They glowed crimson when more figures appeared from the dark.

"You son of a bitch. You duplicated..."

When Horu finished his sentence, the two closest wolves made their move and cut the distance between them and their prey.

Horu couldn't rely as much on his magic as it was random, inaccurate, and he didn't have much energy left to spare. Regardless, he kept pushing on.

He cast Celestial Slash to one of the wolves.

Celestial Slash was a skill that compressed the gravity around an invisible force of energy to deal ripping damage to its target.

However, the wolf casually dodged and got even closer to Horu.

The wolf was able to perform the feat of dodging the invisible slash by using its third eye, which unveiled invisible matter.

At this point, there was nothing he could do.

At least, that was what he thought as one of the wolves attacked by spinning its tails, making them a deadly force.

But right as Horu was going to become mincemeat, a flash of lightning raced across the room.

"Did nobody teach you to always have a weapon with you?"

"But we're magicians."

"Novice magicians, don't get too confident of your strange abilities. By the way, you better tell me how you got them when we're done here, bro."

The voice who saved Horu was none other than Simon.

Well, a beat-up one.

He looked like he got hit by a train multiple times. The two wolves that approached Horu laid dead on the floor with their snouts slashed in half.

"These wolves sure are agile. Look! You managed to cut one in half. Nice!"

"Simon."

"What's up?"

"Aren't you... like... supposed to be dead by now?"

Before Simon could answer, the rest of the wolves dashed towards their target. Six wolves in total were making their way towards their meal of the day.