Chapter 59: Blown Cover

"This place... it's so ominous, vast, and creepy. These lost souls, where are they headed?"

Allen Smith, son of the God of Light. He was a human that owned many traits of godhood.

With his original power back in his grasp, he was sent to the Underworld to eliminate the growing evil known as Horu Sakaki. The air itself was scorched and reality was completely different from the mortal realm.

The landscape stretched further than the eye could possibly see as demonic creatures and apparitions roamed everywhere. Allen had no choice but to take out a band of imps and brainless creatures when he arrived.

Little did he know, Helios' worst fear had come true.

The Adversary of Wrath was once more reborn and was in the same realm as Allen.

With no knowledge of the Underworld's infinite layout, Allen sought to find his rival and take his life in exchange for the mercy of his own...

At that moment, the same that released the thudding sound of Allen's footsteps, danger persevered. From a few inches away stood a large pool of darkness.

The darkness grew wider in radius until it stopped before his feet. A malevolent but beautiful figure emerged vertically from the abyss as if elevated by an invisible force.

"Well, well... if it isn't one of Helios' ass-kissers."

The female voice brought upon a ringing inside Allen's mind, body, and soul; instinct.

His body trembled, he was sure to have felt this intensity creeping up his spine before.

N-no way... They've already spotted me?! And of all people... I'm starting to think that Father really wanted me dead all along!

Allen Smith got into defense; a bundle of sparks levitated in the air behind him, rapidly forming as arms of light. The guns were all pointed at the woman who had yet to fully reveal herself.

The now-Demigod, Allen, glared with aggression at the woman who stood in front of him, attempting not to present a single sign of being intimidated.

It was rare to be pointed at by dozens of floating guns and not be threatened in the slightest.

However, the woman didn't need to feel endangered as she was the one and only Adversary of Darkness.

"I'm in a rigorous mood today, so I'll do this the easy way, mortal. State your business here or die."

Nyx was still affected by the dark gaze of her creator, thus a single word separated her from erasing Allen from reality.

"Ass-kisser, you say? That's funny, I am only here to keep myself from being six feet under."

Allen said with fear in his voice. Even though he was secretly a skilled assassin who had traveled the universe under the commands of his deity, he couldn't help but wallow in despair as he entered the presence of such a malicious being.

"Oh, I see..."

Nyx rubbed her chin when she figured it out. She came to wipe Allen's presence from her father's property but found herself discovering the truth behind it.

So he's been sent here by Helios, but why? If it was an ordinary angel, I could've killed them without their notice. Maybe even convert them as troops. But this boy, he's emitting an unquantifiable amount of energy.

Perhaps...

"This will be interesting!"

"Huh?"