Chapter 77: The Mad King Marches

"Any word from our master?"

In the walls of a dimly lit space, the size of a conference hall were four figures hidden in their shadows, positioned around their leader.

Any citizen of the Underworld could recognize her in an instant. Her icy blond bob cut was symbolic of her appearance. Her crimson irises were so vivid, that she looked like a predator prowling in the dark.

"Where is Izanami?"

She asked the crowd of four where the missing fifth Apostle was. A painful silence surfaced in the hall illuminated by blue, unmoving flames floating atop cement pillars lined up against the walls in a perfect circle.

None of the Apostles present had any idea where the fifth member, Izanami, was. Mary strolled around slowly, her all-black heels tapping the floor. Each tap reverberated coldly in the hollow room.

Despite the tension risen by the nerve-breaking sound of her heels, not a soul knew an answer to her question.

"So that's how it shall be... Perhaps another one of you lot has been defeated by a boy who has no clue how to use his power. A boy with no identity and ambitions!"

Mary roared as she felt the energy frequencies emitted by her fellow Apostles dropped immensely. The cold and usually tight-lipped woman thundered at godly figures as if they were nothing but a band of worthless crooks.

"Perhaps I should let that boy kill the lot of you."

It was then that, finally, another Apostle stepped up, revealing himself from the shadows. He was a young man with medium-length brown and silky hair. On top of his head was a crown, and in his hand, he carried a book, which he shut hardly as he departed from the shadows.

"My lady."

He said with an elegant bow as he crossed both of his arms on polar sides. He was dressed in a sparkling and kingly attire with a thick, red cape mending with the image formed by the golden crown adorned by jewelry on his head.

He continued when he rose his head.

"Why do you keep saying "you" in your sentences? Aren't 'we' supposed to find solutions... cooperatively? If we fail... to find those solutions—"

His appearance did not lie one bit about his attitude. It spoke so many words that it irritated the Champion of Chaos.

A dark and grimy aura oozed like black smoke from her skin and the fabric of her armor. She gradually closed the distance between her and the Apostle. Her aura intruded his mind and senses; he began to drown in insanity.

"They call you the Mad King, and I've observed your pathetic laughingstock of a kingdom enough to know you live up to that name. Although, who would have thought that you're mad enough to face me."

The other Apostles present hid in the shadows that were starting to tremble from the sheer leak of energy from their leader.

The Mad King, Christopher's face began dripping with sweat as his legs were starting to fail him in fear. The power of pure destruction was far too much for him to comprehend.

She gave him the tiniest taste of her true power.

"I'll give you one chance to finish that sentence. Choose your words wisely."

Mary said as she drew closer to Christopher's anguished face. However, despite his bones shaking and his mind getting lost, there was no breaking his arrogance.

"—I... w-will... bring you... down... with me."

The mute individuals observant to the scene all braced themselves for the loss of a fellow Apostle as Mary glared at the Mad King.