Chapter 9: Ultimate Forbidden Lovers

After the conversation with Aegis, Horu got escorted to his assigned dorm at the FMA by one of the teachers.

They walked a long way towards the Living Quarters.

The teacher was itching to know more about this 'transfer student'.

"So... new kid."

The teacher said in hopes to start a chat. He walked suspiciously slow and peeked through the corners of his eye to observe Horu's appearance.

"Yeah?"

Horu wore a poker face as he replied to the teacher's sudden curiosity.

Speaking of Horu's appearance. It wasn't anything unordinary.

He had black, curly, medium-length hair and was pretty much the average length of male teenagers in Japan.

He always wore hoodies and slim-fit jeans with worn-out sneakers. He hadn't redressed since he went for a walk, so his right-hand side sleeve was completely tattered because of the train incident.

The teacher figured Horu had a rough day, so he went easy on him with the questions.

"I wonder... why did you get enrolled here at the end of the year? It's not something that just happens without a solid reason."

"You see, I'm an early student. The principal allowed me to observe the school before I start participating in class next year."

As someone who nearly had no friends and rejected almost all the social events he got invited to, he gained a lot of experience in pulling excuses out of his ass.

Piece of cake.

"If that's true... then show me what you're made of."

"Eh?"

"Aegis is an important and powerful person who has power over nearly all political assets in the world. He wouldn't allow some ordinary kid to attend his academy. Unless there's some secret to your... transfer."

The teacher halted in his tracks, which made Horu stumble upon his back. He turned around and gritted his teeth. His fists were clenched and what looked like a blue flame emitted from them.

The teacher glared deadly at the boy and emanated an intimidating aura. If looks could kill, Horu would be dead a million times over.

"So tell me... what exactly are you doing at this academy?"

The blue flame spread to the rest of his body, shifting it as an aura not made from energy, but sheer fire.

"Like I said. I'm an early transfer student."

Horu tried putting up a poker face, but his fear was written all over his expression and words.

Shit! He's gonna kill me!

Horu thought.

"What a false excuse. I'll have you know that the FMA is the only academy in the entire world that focuses on the study of magic!"

He got into a fighting stance that resembled that of a certain black hair-colored alien from out of space.

The teacher looked like he was ready to fight villains from outer space at any moment.