Chapter 24: Curse of Beauty

"Wah! Haah... haah... where..."

Horu Sakaki woke up on the top of a bunk bed. The room he was in illuminated by the beautiful sunlight that penetrated the window on the opposite side.

The room was grandiose and filled with rock 'n roll posters.

It was his dorm room.

He raised his body up and was welcomed to a new day by excruciating pain from all over his body. He removed the thick and soft sheet that protected his figure from the oozing cold.

The boy was plastered in bandages from his toes up to his shoulders. Any onlooker would faint from the shock of witnessing the rise of a mummy.

What happened? How long was I asleep?

Horu thought as he descended from the bunk bed's ladder. However, that came along with pain. Luckily, his legs functioned well enough for him to walk.

"Hnngh..."

Horu heard a light voice grunting about from the bed below his, which originally belonged to Simon.

His back cracked when he turned his upper body around. He figured it'd be worth it. The sheet covered the body of a person with long, brown hair.

It was...

"Kaede! You're alive..."

"Hmm... Stop being... so loud... hnngh..." she said in a muffled voice.

Horu had faint memories of what occurred before he woke up in his dorm room.

The Tower of Challenge. Wait... where is...

Knock knock knock!

It took Horu a hot moment to finally open the door. His body was majorly injured, so moving was tough for him. Yet, he managed to reveal a smiling figure behind the rectangular frame.

"Yo! It appears that you're awake, bro!"

"Simon, you're not dead...."

"Of course I'm not. You didn't actually think I was dead, did you? You're acting a bit strange, but you're always like that. How's the girl?"

"She's... fine. I guess."

Horu peeped behind him and saw Kaede Umazugawa get up from her precious rest. The sunlight showered her face, portraying a beautiful view for the guest.

Her hair absorbed all the light of the leaking sun rays and shined brightly. What she didn't notice, was that her clothes were the same ones she wore during the entrance exams.

They were in pieces.

That also included that her breasts weren't covered for the most parts. Horu quickly slammed the door shut before Simon could see the heavenly sized boobs that Kaede had on her.

Horu had always been a boobs fanatic. So in a way, Kaede's breasts were physically his most prized possession.

Nobody was gonna even so much as glance at his treasure.

"Hey! What's the deal?" Simon's muffled voice resounded from behind the thick wooden door.

"Uhh... I'll be there in a few. Something important to tell us?" Horu said with his face beet red as he glued his back to the door, only to stare at a more-than-half-naked Kaede Umazugawa. Unsurprisingly, her face shared the same expression as his.