Chapter 69: Dragon's Honor

"My liege."

A king sat on a throne that surely scratched the skies of the already sky-scraping mountain at the center of mountains and ridges.

With his head leaning on his knuckles, the Dragon King boorishly spectated a fierce battle being held by two contestants of different color.

A blue Dragon equipped with a spear clashed equally with a red one of his kind, who brandished nothing but his fists.

The fact the battle favored equally was obviously because of the latter going considerably easy on the former. 

The Dragon King hadn't said a word, yet he waved his claws, to whom many had died. It was clear to his loyal servant what he meant with the gesture.

"Yes, my liege."

Khavasha bowed deeply and nodded towards one of the Dragons standing guard at the arena's gates. As soon as he did, the match concluded.

The Dragon King's eyes expanded in shock when the blue Dragon with the spear held the head of the red Dragon as he stared victoriously at his king.

The red Dragon was the second most notorious of the Dragon races with golden and black Dragons standing equally at the apex of the hierarchy.

The golden Dragons were known for their nigh-omniscience that got past down from the first of all Dragons born into creation, the Dragon Ancestors.

They were also known to be very kind and helpful towards their kin as they used their wisdom and great magic potency to build strong civilizations.

Even though said by the magician world on Earth to be immortal, the golden Dragon Ancestors had gone extinct a very long time ago, along with the entire race of golden Dragons.

The black Dragons were said to be equals to the golden Dragons. But instead of having mastered versatility in magic, the black Dragons were ruthless warriors and often the heads of undefeated armies.

However, they had nearly gone extinct during the Great War due to a foolish decision made by their ruler.

The sole black Dragon in existence was currently sitting on his lofty throne. From the skies, he observed an inferior Dragon holding the head of a superior breed in his claws, gazing at the throne.

The Dragon King elevated his hand and the entire crowd ceased whatever noise it uttered.

The roars and cheers had gone silent.

Zuwoo!

Zuwoo!

Whoosh!

It was then.

The crowd accidentally, yet temporarily disobeyed their leader when they all gasped in surprise.

The blue Dragon victor swung the head of the red Dragon a couple of times before sending it on its way to the Dragon King with immense velocity, yet the latter caught the head without so much as a flinch.

The Dragon King observed the head for a moment before swallowing it whole. After processing what he just ate, the Dragon King raised his head and spewed a large breath of fire into the open air.