Chapter 4: Reunited Foes

BOOM!!

A huge bustling noise that represented an explosion came from the train's direction. Horu opened his eyes. He was no longer in the same position as before.

He was standing.

He stood there, in the rain. He couldn't believe it at first. A few minutes ago, he was bound to train tracks, set to die.

His thoughts darted all over.

No.

His thoughts had left his mind.

They weren't there anymore, that's for sure.

What the hell just happened?

To be more precise about the situation, Horu opened his eyes to himself standing up in the most unusual position. It looked like he just smashed a moving train.

A moving, passenger train.

Oh god... what have I done?

"..."

Was this even me? Did I—

"..."

Horu checked to see if anything was wrong with his body, especially the fist that 'caused' this.

But after discovering the fact he hadn't been injured, he took a deep breath of relief. His body was probably not what's important.

I should check up on the train. As he walked on the side of the rails to inspect the carts, a very disturbing sight overwhelmed him severely.

The train carts were all smashed from above.

Yes.

From above.

As if someone took a few cardboard boxes, and then jumped on them like a madman. But what shocked Horu the most was the flood of blood that poured from the carts.

"B-blood?"

From humans.

Humans like him.

Humans were made from flesh and blood. The same blood that was now leaking from a smashed train.

There were at least a hundred passengers on the train.

The reason why the unknown impact didn't cause the train to explode was because of the direction it came from. Causing all the passengers inside to be crushed like mincemeat.

"HLLT! BLEGH!"

Horu vomited all over his shoes and sweatpants. The smell of blood and compressed metal took his senses over, so much to the point that it pushed all his gastric juices out of him.

"I... killed... these people."

Horu couldn't believe his eyes. They were wide open and his jaws slacked. He lost all sanity by the sight of death.