Chapter 70: Brawn, Honor, And Tact

Clank!

Klank!

The clanking of chains resounded hollowly through the dimly lit hall that seemed to stretch for an eternity, but in reality, was just a couple of minutes to the arena's gates.

The footsteps of five guards, Khavasha, and Horu were overlapped by the constant screeching and wreathing of monsters and the begging for freedom by slaves and debtors.

Perhaps it was Horu's chains, that Khavasha hastily decided to throw on him after an act of assault by the former, that stood out...

"You're kidding me, right?"

"Listen now, demigod. I'm well aware that you've escaped from that murky labyrinth, and are an adept user of the gravitational crafts. Now, as a mortal, you may experience some... physical differences between you and your opponents. But those are nothing short of simple disadvantages for one blessed with the soul of a god. Or am I incorrect, um...?"

"..."

Horu kept quiet as his expression was hidden underneath his bangs, which from Khavasha's perspective was overlapped by the former's hood. It was unknown to the former how the latter knew all of this. He summarized his entire experience through Hell.

Khavasha heard Horu mutter something, yet he couldn't make out what he was saying.

"...Raise Axis."

An invisible force rose from the ground and boxed Khavasha's chin as it did. He stumbled backward after receiving the blow as he groaned not in pain, but in disgrace of not seeing the attack coming.

Raise Axis was a skill that, like Skywards, the skill that Horu cast back when he needed to get back on the platform in the Abyss, that reverted gravity in a certain area.

Skywards was a non-combative skill used for transportation to higher locations, whereas Raise Axis was a combative skill used to stretch the bodies of mortals into dust, whereas more durable creatures would only get knocked in the air.

"Guards!!"

Within an instant, Horu was surrounded by five guards armed with serious death stares, baring their Dragon fangs at the mortal in their midst.

"Enough of this farce! You will fight, and you will fight gloriously in front of my lord! Cuff him up!"

Clank! Klang!

The Dragon guards stole glances from Horu from time to time as Khavasha led the way through the murky darkness that lay below the arena.

Horu could hear the grunting of exhausted warriors, and the clashing of blades as they overlapped the sound of the shackles that had him bound at his wrists and ankles.

After a couple of minutes—that felt like an eternity to the prisoner named Horu—the company of seven figures finally reached the light that appeared not so long ago at the end of the path of cold darkness.

Horu was welcomed by a painful stench that seemed to penetrate his brains through his nostrils as a pool of Dragon blood extended over the arena.

Corpses kept adding up as a bloody battle took place between a group of what seemed to be mercenaries and the blue-skinned champion who had yet to yield his spear after countless opponents the Dragon King threw at him.

The champion panted and grunted as he ran out of breath for the first time so far. He had to evade the six blades that were coming from five different directions.

Due to two of the mercenaries being huddled at the same spot, there was an opening that the champion was not ready to miss.

The champion then slapped the mercenary to his left with the stick of his spear before retreating the blade, which lobbed the latter's head off completely.