Chapter 27 - Annual Opening Ceremony

"Damn. Yesterday sure was a hassle with those two."

A blond teenager with short hair walked next to a boy with black, loosely curled hair.

They were Simon Wheeler and Horu Sakaki.

"It sure was..."

The day before, Horu, Kaede, and Simon made their way to their dorms after their first day of school.

Horu and Kaede got to know all the teachers. There were some odd ones, but most of them were to Horu's liking. As always, he had no problem connecting with teachers.

However, students, on the other hand, were a step out of his social bounds.

They came across Ella Itami and her shy friend, who Horu had 'eliminated' during the entrance exams.

The girl hadn't forgotten that. She hid behind Ella during their entire clashing exchange. Horu explained the situation of how he promised Ella a date if he were to team up with someone else, to Kaede, and returned to his dormitory with Simon.

Kaede couldn't be with Horu due to the gender policies. Therefore, she was assigned to another dormitory with a female classmate. However...

"If I can't be with Horu, so help me god—Oh wait, that's me—I will burn this school of yours to the ground!"

Kaede yelled at a certain Head Principal.

"I cannot abide by that. Rules are rules."

The Head Principal seemed ruffled as he scoffed Kaede away.

"It seems I'll have to burn this place to the ground, then. What a shame... I started to like this place..."

Kaede said as she twisted her finger around a lock of hair.

"I'm afraid that I'll have to act upon that threat."

Aegis said as he glared daggers at the goddess. Things were about to pop off until Horu came up with a great idea to compose the two.

"Why don't you just allow visits?"

"Hmm... Well, I suppose that I could make that a possibility. But under one condition. And that is that both of you are discreet, and do not make an example out of yourselves."

~~~~~

Simon and Horu made their way to a cafeteria after a long day of school. The streets of the FMA were bustling with groups of students.

They paved through a market-street.

Adult men and women were preparing food with elemental magic. Fire was principal within the arts of cuisine, but not everyone had Fire Magic, so technology was still necessary at times to fill the gap.

"Wanna go get some takoyaki?"

Simon said with his arms crossed behind his head as he leaned backward.

"Yeah, sure. But..."

Horu emptied his pockets, indicating that he was broke. He pulled his pockets out of his lightweight, cotton-made pants.

There was absolutely nothing in them, except for dust and rubble.

"Oh, you don't know how to make dough?"

Simon halted in his tracks and rubbed his index, middle finger, and thumb together, indicating a money gesture.

"No. Tell me."

"Bro! Now that I think about it... You should totally try going into the Abyss! You can make tons of cash and..."

Simon boomed on and on. It seemed that he did a lot of research during the time that he spent waiting 'until further notice'.