Chapter 14: First Floor Encounter

Cracking, bustling, dashing, and the trembling sounds of strings were what reverberated through space.

A battle between two magician novices was held.

On different sides of the room, stood an unconscious Simon, and a Pablo with a lot of his bones crushed.

Zoom! Zoom! Zoom! Zoom! Zoom...!

Numerous arrows made their way to their target, Horu Sakaki.

The arrows, though, weren't ordinary arrows.

They were...

"Triple Arrow!"

"Gravity Cancel."

Horu canceled her magical arrows and countered with a skill even he hadn't heard of before.

It was as if the words flopped out his mouth without his permission.

It was most likely the doing of the entity that rested inside of him.

"Orb of Destruction."

The skill that Horu cast caused a pitch-black orb to appear between him and the girl.

The orb slowly moved towards the girl, whilst eradicating the ground.

"Switch Mode: Air Magic! Shelter!"

A dome materialized, sheltering the girl from the inside. As the Orb of Destruction got close, it was proved that the girl's intuition was right.

Horu dissolved the skill, which gave her an opening.

Shelter was a skill that altered the air molecules to strengthen them and put them in place, protecting anyone inside from impactful attacks.

Switch Mode? That's weird...

Horu had heard of a magic type that switched between other magic types from his mother, back when he received magic lessons.

Celestial magic was the name of the magic type, which was created by the Goddess of Nature and Beauty.

She was the creator of the Four Celestials, infinitely transcending the abstractions that governed the elements of nature.

She was worshipped by humanity as the Mother of Earth. However, despite being a well-known goddess, Artemis was one of the may who never revealed herself to others.

Due to being the Goddess of Beauty, Artemis' appearance was too much for mortals to handle, causing them to pay the price of their lives whenever they set their eyes on her.

Therefore, Artemis exiled herself long before the War of Gods.

The skills that each magic composed functioned more or less similarly. However, there were few irregularities when it came to magic types.

Celestial magic was one of those irregularities, allowing the casters to manipulate Air, Earth, Fire, and Water.

She created the Celestials, so it was only natural that she ruled over their elements as well.

The extent of her Blessing's power was unknown.

However, like many other magic types, Celestial magic was rare.

It had only been five minutes since the encounter between the two, however, it seemed to be taking forever for the battle to draw to an end.

Tch! I need to get close!

That was what the girl thought as all of her attacks got neglected. What she didn't notice, was that Horu hadn't laid a finger on her.

"Just admit defeat already."