Chapter 54: When Truth Defies Logic

The Labyrinth of Despair was a dark place with the exterior of a broad tower.

It was one of the four layers of the Underworld, being completely isolated from the time axis.

The Labyrinth was used mostly as a prison for demonic creatures and lost souls who have materialized into sentience, also known as Daemons.

Two of that endless number of prisoners were the Daemon twins; Yae and Fae.

Weirdly enough, Ergy Proxy created a schedule for the imprisoned Daemons. They would take turns doing their respective chores.

The twins were tasked with collecting anything that materialized or gained sentience at the Edge of the World.

The cold and solid ground beneath their feet trembled vibrantly, which woke them up from their sleep.

"Yae, do you hear that? Yae, wake the hell up!"

Fae rammed the bars of her cell as she yelled at her sleeping sister.

Both of them were dressed in prisoner clothing made with the weakest and thinnest of materials.

The colors of their eyes and hair were completely polar to each other, as well. Fae had red eyes and hair, whereas Yae's was blue.

However, the contrast in those colors had diminished quite a bit due to the distortion in the Underworld.

"Hnngh! Why do you always gotta wake me up so forcefully?"

Yae said as the bubble that escaped her nose as she slept popped.

"This is not the time for that! Yae..."

Fae looked down at her sister with pride and confidence on her face.

Both sisters meant the world to each other, and would never leave out of each other's sights.

Seeing her sister so happy for the first time in what felt like forever, made her gasp in awe.

"..."

"Today is the day! We're getting out of here!"

~~~~~

"Tch! You're relentless, I'll give you that, boy!"

The Watchmaster swung his sword at all directions as fast as he could, but his opponent was way too fast for him.

The sword in his hand was a demonic sword made with materialized darkness and was forged by the Adversary of Darkness herself. Therefore, it hurt his pride that Horu effortlessly evaded all of his attacks.

"..."

The fight between Horu and Ergy had been going on for ten minutes. The two raced across the Labyrinth, destroying dozens of floors in their wake.

Not counting any of the Apostles, the Watchmaster was the greatest swordsman in the Underworld.

His skill with the sword matched that of the late Holy Knight of Benethia.

The monotonous expression on Horu's face hadn't moved an inch during their fight.

The two passed many different sections of the Labyrinth and were currently in the halls of a cell block.

The Watchmaster hadn't halted his barrage of attacks as Horu kept evading or blocking them with the left side of his altered body.

That's when the Watchmaster figured it out.

Without letting his guard down, Ergy stuck the tip of his blade between the floor's tiles. A dark aura surrounded his body and surged towards the blade of his sword.