Chapter 53: To Become Almighty

Horu Sakaki? Is that the name of the lonely boy that resides within this body of mine?

I can't remember anything.

It's been so long since I've seen the light of day.

Kaede is the name of a girl whose face I can't recall.

Minutes turned into days.

Days morphed into weeks.

Weeks shifted into months.

Months disguised themselves as years.

Those years stacked up and made for a pile of anguish.

Within that endless cycle of suffering, I've been interrogated with many questions...

"Where is Ignis?"

I don't know.

"What are you capable of?"

I don't know.

"What happened to Alexander?"

I don't know.

These were questions that I, an empty soul, can only wish to answer.

That emptiness has burrowed deep within this bloody body of mine.

I wonder... who is this Horu Sakaki that this body used to belong to?

Questions after questions, all of which ended up unanswered.

After a while, I grew tired of answering that I didn't know anything. That foul little creature dissected me whole, and played with my body as if it were a toy.

In that small, confined space, time seemed to reset as if it were a loop.

Whenever my body reached a point of no return, my mind would shut down and that foul little creature would disappear, leaving me in the darkness.

After what felt like another set of eternity in isolation, he would reappear and torture me until those vivid questions were answered to their liking, something that never happened.

This scenario occurred so many times, that I've lost track.

The endless cycle of death and torture ended when I finally answered a particular question.

I remember it as clear as day.

Saka, that wicked creature, fed me with a demonic insect. It ate away at my body and sucked me dry of my energy.

His villainous, horrid laugh that sounded like the screeching of an extraterrestrial being lusting for blood, intruded the senses that were originally destroyed by that damned insect.

It was then, that I finally did it.

"Horu Sakaki, you are currently the most valuable asset to the gods. You are nothing but a lost tool without an owner. You are just a container of the strongest Blessing. Did you think that the gods would allow you to live freely? To become a magician? Hah! You were fooled!"

I don't know.

"That Celestial Goddess of yours. The one who went by the name of a human that never even existed! She did not care for you. Nobody ever did! They kept you in check because they were terrified. But they don't know anything, do they?"

I don't know.

"But do you know, Horu? Do you remember what it is that you wanted to achieve? Do you remember your own words when your comrade was in grave danger? You do, don't you?"