Chapter 57: Rise of Chaos

Bang!

Two humongous gates engraved with demonic symbols slammed against the walls that they were supposed to close.

Usually, those gates would've automatically opened when guests approached. However, it wasn't the case this time as a female figure got lunged into the room. She slid across the surface until she reached the base of golden stairs.

"Ohh, what is this?"

Said a grim voice that belonged to an existence higher than any other. His head rested on a bawled fist; his long, pitch-black hair masked the expression on his face.

An invisible aura oozed around his presence, that pierced through body, mind, and soul. Furthermore, nothing could disguise themselves under the observation of his eyes.

Another woman followed right behind the former, who kneeled before the higher existence in front of her. The latter kneeled before the ominous entity, as she had many times before. After displaying her courtesy by kneeling, the woman stood up and summoned a dangerous aura.

"Father—"

"I am aware of the mistake that Mary has made. She shall atone for her failure and prove her worth as my Champion. But before that, there are matters that we should discuss. Matters of more importance than that kid's pretenses."

Chaos got up from his demonic throne and walked towards the crimson walls of the manor's interior.

He held his arms crossed behind his back when suddenly, a rectangular piece of the wall vanished before him.

The hole in the wall revealed the raging storm that shielded the manor from outside interference.

The Primordial of Destruction stuck his hand out and swiped it horizontally, from right to left. The outside view changed completely and revealed another layer of the Underworld.

There were four layers of the Underworld; the Manor of Chaos, the Edge of the World, the Labyrinths of Despair, and finally, the City of Souls.

The outside view displayed the latter.

Mary's jaw slacked wide open as it was the first time that she'd seen Chaos switch dimensions so easily. Nyx grinned and dragged Mary to where Chaos was standing.

"Daughter."

Chaos called out to Nyx without batting an eye.

"At your service, Father."

"There are currently two tasks that you shall deal with during Mary's absence."

Chaos's use of vocabulary shook Mary, prompting her eyes to stretch wide open as she braced for said punishment. She knew that she had to pay the price for screwing up Horu's capture and even attempting to eliminate him.

Chaos continued after giving Mary a single glance that indicated he read her mind.

"Your first mission will be finding and capturing the Blessing of Gravity. I want him alive and well. I don't care if you deploy a subordinate, or if you'll have to drag him here. Get it done."

"First you wanted me to eliminate him and grab the Blessings inside him. So why should we have him join our ranks? History will repeat itself."

"Nyx, your perception of things is far too narrow to reach my level of understanding. I am a primeval being that has existed far before the creation of time and space. I embody the exact opposite concept of the Creator of All. That boy is a threat not only to you but also to myself if he activates the other Blessing that resides within him. Killing him won't do, as they will simply create another Champion to seize me and my quest on gaining the omnipotence I desire."