Chapter 75: The Moonlit City

"A mortal..."

Surely thousands of Dragons had all become silent.

"Tur... is defeated?"

Just a moment ago, their cheers reached their peak. The Dragons had gone wild in their happiness until their cheers turned into surprised faces and gasps of shock.

"I can't believe..."

The dust and debris left in the explosion's aftermath cleared up to reveal that the corpse of the Dragon King, partially blown to bits as a humongous pool of flesh, blood, and organs spread across the broad arena.

The king's advisor tried his best to hide the tears inevitable to stream down his face. He fell to a trembling knee as his voice shivered with grief and shock.

The blue Dragon that accompanied Horu in his fight against the Black One was all beaten up, his face so mangled that it was hard to recognize his face as a Dragon's. His wings were burnt and had lots of holes.

The blue Dragon panted heavily as he attempted taking deep breaths.

"Tur, the Black One, the ancient Dragon King, has fallen, as well as the mortal responsible for his death! However, this... blue-scaled... warrior is still standing..."

The mortal responsible for the Black One's death.

Horu Sakaki. Or was he Ignis, the Adversary of Wrath? Or perhaps the true victor of this battle was none other than just a hollow enigma representing both individuals?

Who was it that truly defeated the Dragon King?

"...I hereby announce the outcome of this battle. Before I do so, as is tradition, I shall ask your name, blue one. Tell me."

Judging Khavasha's tone, he was obviously not happy with the results. Of course not, he was disappointed and furious. His jaws were shivering and his voice trembled with grief.

The blue Dragon barely stood up, blood gushing out of his mouth, and smoke escaping from his wings.

"My name is Jormun..."

"It is impossible not to have a family name! Have you descended from nothing, blue skin?!"

"Ahahahaha...!"

The entire crowd of Dragons burst into laughter, despite their king having died just now as if nothing had happened.

Lily spotted the sudden change of the atmosphere, yet never expected the Dragons to brush the death of their king off so simply and quickly.

"...from Tur."

Khavasha instantly stopped laughing and raised his hand. However, the joke cracked by himself seemed to have a much bigger effect on the stomachs of his kin. Hence, he roared at the crowd.

"SILENCE!!!"

Just like that, everyone turned silent. The late king's advisor tilted his head to the side in confusion and leaped into the air only to fiercely land before Jormun.

"I did not hear you correctly... Jormun. Who did you say... that you are descended of?"

"You heard—"

Jormun coughed blood a couple of times as he bent over as to not get blood on the advisor's face, an act of insult among the Dragons.