Chapter 63: Venomous Petrification

"Uhm... Me? M-my sincerest apologies, but I—"

"What do you mean? Of course! There is no other candidate fit to lead us but you, Lady Lily!"

After defeating Aku, Horu and his companions rested for a couple of days before heading out.

That was the plan.

As they were about to leave the district's gates, a spokesman confronted the Demon princess over the new course of action about the hollow position that Lucifer had left.

Afterward, many spokespeople began gathering around the carriage.

The coachman tended to become curious in situations like these, where he would lean back and concentrate on the words of Lily and the spokesman.

The latter was a middle-aged Demon dressed in a fine tunic, with a green cape that matched the rest of his attire.

Of course, time was distorted in the Underworld. Thus, age was irrelevant to creatures such as Demons, who were accustomed to the scorching temperature and time being cognitive.

All beings that resided in Hell had to become aware of the flow of time to age physically. Naturally, after long enough, they would lose their sense of time and stop aging.

He looked gleefully at the princess, in hope for an answer that would soon come to satisfy the needs of the district's residents.

A new leader, in every situation, would greatly boost the morale of the citizens. Especially after they'd gone through such a fiasco.

Even so.

Lily's goal, destination, and responsibilities were set. She had no plans on becoming the next ruler of the district. Such a choice also included getting the attention of the Apostles, and possibly get recruited by them.

Lily shook her head by the thought of it and honestly answered the desperate man.

"I apologize Mr. Hunks. However, I will not take over my father's seat as the dictator of this place. Neither shall I come to its aid in a way that would require my presence. I, Lily Morningstar, are a proud associate of the Daemon rebellion. Therefore, I shall not lead you."

Lily Morningstar, daughter of Lucifer Morningstar, had officially loosened the anchors that tied her to the district she'd grown up in.

It was time for her to explore, whilst aiding the city on a greater scale than any of its residents could imagine.

Horu was knocked out; not a sound loud enough could be heard from his body as he rested on the bench inside the carriage.

After all that happened so far, Yae's mind had tensed up even more. Thus, her past feelings regarding Horu had welled up yet again.

She first hesitated to snuggle inside Horu's chest since had a larger robe, but couldn't stand showing tolerance towards him. She ended up taking a spot at the opposite side of the latter's makeshift bed.

You've got to be kidding me! How could they be asleep so fast?! Come on. Wake up and help me, please!

Lily glanced behind her whilst conversing with the spokespeople that had gathered. All she could give them was a poker face and an apology from the bottom of her heart.

"N-no way, who will lead us now?"

"Lucifer should've been alive!"

"Yeah! Why didn't you die in his place?!"

"What a worthless good-for-nothing daughter!"

The situation turned eerie real quick as suddenly, all the spokespeople grew aggressive towards their former princess.