Chapter 30: Ruler of Souls

"Madam Nyx."

A middle-aged man in a suit emerged from the warehouse's entrance.

His hair was impacted by old age as it exhibited grey parts that blended in with the black color of his hair.

He was muscled and bulky, forcing the suit tight on his body. Sunglasses covered his eyes, even though it was nearly spring.

The man was tanned and demonstrated a lot of veins on his skin that seemed as if they were about to explode, especially on his neck.

"Make it quick.

"Oh, I'm not here to report. I was just wonderin'..."

"Hmm?"

"Why have we changed the objective so... violently?"

Nobody would think that a man with such a muscular posture would sound so scared as he spoke.

He knew this woman meant business.

"Violent, you say? No no no. Nothing here is violent, human. My father has ordered me to do whatever I want with the kid, as long as I retrieve his Blessings. I don't care if we'll have to kidnap or kill him."

"I was informed that the kid is the reincarnation of your brother, so why kill him?"

"The boy is under the protection of a god. Capturing him would be nonsensical. And maybe, if we are careful... we could revive Ignis and bring him back to us."

The Adversary of Darkness explained the motive behind her objective as if it were natural.

The man in the suit nodded, bowed, and turned around to exit the warehouse. Little did he know that the woman behind him was a genius, despite her evil personality.

In no time, the man's head got severed.

It appeared on Nyx's right palm.

His body dropped down to the floor and emitted a loud thudding sound that echoed throughout the dark warehouse.

She showed off the head as she observed it. Everyone present in the shadows watched as blood pooled around the entrance.

"For anyone who thinks they could betray me! Here is what happens when you do! There are no exceptions! Not even you, darling."

The head of the culprit had a Bluetooth sound transmitter attached to it. Nyx was certain that Aegis was behind the betrayal.

And indeed, he was.

Aegis ordered the man to collect information on Nyx's objective, but it was clear to him. He listened the entire time.

Aegis obtained omniscience when he became a god. He was the first and only mortal entity to achieve a Blessing.

However, his omniscience drew a line when it came to other gods, the future, or spiritual knowledge.

Simply put, he knew every sort of information in existence that revolved around the past or present.

Infinite data swirled about in the mind of Aegis. Even so, events that included the influence of gods—or just the gods in general—were out of his bounds.

And so, he ordered mortals to gain the lost information he could not obtain with his magic. If he were to do so on his own, it would mean his death.

Despite having access to all the magic skills, Aegis was the weakest god.

"Oh, now that you know most of it anyway. We are coming, Aegis. As we speak, one of us just retreated from your pathetic school, although, he was goddamn stupid and nearly killed the boy without retrieving his corpse. If I were to be you... Check up on that kiddo, would 'ya? Teehee!"