Chapter 61: Aku the Demon

This thing, its magic is powerful. I've never seen it before, but it seems to be using energy from the souls that he consumes.

It's dangerous, if I don't come up with a plan, it'll surely consume me whole.

Horu contemplated deeply as he quickly used Weightless to avoid getting dropped into the void of souls beneath his feet.

A hole compressed between the fabrics of reality.

Horu caught sight of the ring of darkness shrinking into nothingness.

"He disappeared. Tch! Couldn't expect anything else from a Demon. They've always been reliant creatures. But this one..."

"Hooruuuuu!!!"

To his surprise, Horu spotted two female figures charging at him from the other end of the empty street.

The district was on its way to perform a total lockdown and had guards patrolling the vicinities.

He sharpened his view and realized that it was Yae and Lily; the female companions who recently joined him on his journey through Hell.

The Daemon escapee and the Demon princess ran up to Horu with a couple of guards pursuing them.

Horu sighed, stuck his hand out, and used Crushing Field to flatten the black knights. Horu wasn't in his Primal form, so he couldn't use raw magic and had to rely on skills until he regained enough strength in his body.

"What the hell are you guys doing here?"

Horu said, flabbergasted that the girls didn't care about him killing those guards in plain sight. Yae was the first to talk and gave Horu a large book.

"Lily's mansion was burnt to the ground, but we were able to recover this."

Horu took the book and scrolled through it as many unknown scriptures and images sped by. He couldn't believe what he was seeing.

It was obvious to him that Lucifer was involved in plenty of cruel and evil experiments in the fields of necromancy. Suddenly, the scriptures ended and the following pages went blank.

"This book contains the notes of all his experiments. The last one..."

As Horu observed the book's contents, a voice of sorrow protruded his thinking.

"What have you done? No! Father!"

Lily, the Fallen Angel's daughter ran up to her father's corpse with tears in her eyes.

"Lily..."

"Silence!"

During the battle between the demonic entity and Horu; Yae and Lily developed a mutual bond.

The latter decided to abandon her home but was not mentally prepared for truly letting go. When she found her home in ashes, all she could do was shed tears as her inside world fell apart.

It was time to move on.

"I hated this man despicably. His heart was tainted with darkness. He was evil, yet he always had a soft spot for me, even though I despised him. To think that... Who did this?!"

With tears streaming down her cheeks, the princess stamped on the ground as she grabbed Horu by the hem of his cloak.

"Watch your tongue, little one."

Said Horu as he gave Lily a disgusted look. It was obvious what part of him had the most influence on his current choice of words.

He then continued after abruptly removing her hand.