Chapter 45: Beginning Of A New Era

"You're lying... you must be lying! Nyx couldn't have killed her! That woman... No, I refuse to believe it!"

Silence erupted in a large, empty throne room. The man that formerly went by the name Magnus dropped the sword he planned to end Perses's life with. The God of War lay on the ground for the first time, defeated. He breathed a sigh of relief as his words saved him from execution. It was the first time that Perses had to rely on words instead of action.

"Heh... unfortunately for you... it's true. You damn fool. I would never kill such a beautiful, fine lady like her. Instead, I would defile her delicious, mortal body before butchering it into pieces!"

Perses turned the tides. He palmed Magnus by the face and smashed his head into the ground. He launched on top of him and followed with comtinuous blows to the face.

"Hahahahahaha! You dim-witted fool! I am the Adversary of War! Do you know how many warriors I've slain?! Women I've defiled and raped! Children I've forced to bear witness to the tortures of their parents! Millions!"

By now, Perses had bashed Magnus's face to the point that the impact had crushed about four floors in staircases below them. Perses grabbed the God of Wisdom by his neck and lunged him into the wall of the tower. The bald brute jumped from the tower, clenched his hands, and pounded Magnus to the ground. Perses landed on the ground and walked towards the clouds of dust that formed from the impact.

"I've conquered nearly half of the countless universes in the cosmos. I've fought immortal beings that were worshipped as gods. Some of them owned immense power, indeed. But you, you made a grave mistake, god of wives tales!"

"Guuhh... and... that is?" Magnus had close to no vitality left in his body to respond. He was at his wit's end.

"You lured me here, hoping to get revenge as you thought to be able to nullify my power. But this strength of mine is not powered by energy. No, no! This strength is my own physical right!"

Perses was right. Gods had unlimited life energy due to their Blessings. Those were dimensional containers of infinite energy that powered the souls and identities of the Gods. The Blessings were granted to the Gods upon their creation by the unknown higher beings.

Magnus gave his last breath as he gazed upon the motionless, artificial sky that was crafted by the hands of a good friend. His beautiful vision got covered by the brute known as Perses, the Adversary of War, who held a victorious grin on his face.

"You were a very young god, Aegis. Even though I didn't know you, I've heard enough of your tales to know that you lived your life as a fool who didn't get to see the true worth of your power. Now, you shall die by the hands of one who's dipped in all the spoils of the cosmos!"

Shie... I've failed in protecting you. I've failed to make you victorious when the world needed it most. But more importantly, I shed darkness to the light which you brought upon me. Your death was in vain, and now it's time for me to repent on it. I'll see you soon, m'lady...

Perses's fist was locked onto the head of Aegis. The entirety of Locus Amoenus started trembling when Perses released his aura in aggression. Dark energy emitted from his fist as well as the outlines of his body. His grin turned wicked and his humongous muscles tensed up. But then, a voice arose from all sides. A voice whose presence felt as if it had overthrown Aegis' authority over Locus Amoenus. However, that was not the case...

"Aegis. Look at you, getting killed so easily. The Magnus that I know would never give his life up that easily... What a moron," a very drowsy and sleepy voice emerged from nowhere and immediately dissed Aegis.

"Was about... time you... guuhh... arrived," Aegis said with a muffled voice.

Suddenly, a bundle of light shaped behind the two as the contrast of the imaginary world started flickering. As if someone spammed the light switch continuously.