Chapter 48: The Underworld

"Sakaki Horu, are you aware of my identity?"

Three individuals knelt before a dark enigma that they called, 'Father'. These individuals were beings that were higher even than the Gods that safeguarded whole concepts of life. The entity before them looked down with his fiery gaze at the foolish human that hadn't listened to the advice he'd gotten from Nyx. All three Adversaries were sweating, and not because of the scorching temperature of the Underworld, which they were protected from inside the mansion.

They were sweating because of Horu's indecency and disrespect of not having bowed. Nyx remembered the many punishments and tortures she'd received from disobeying the figure in front of them. Nekros, God of Death, thought about how it would feel to die. Even Perses braced for severe penalty by saying his prayers, something one wouldn't think that a god would do.

"To be completely honest, no. I can only imagine that you're some kind of deity, right?" Horu said as he stared at the crimson eyes that bore into his soul. He felt an immense pressure on his shoulders, and a presence that surrounded him from every angle of his body. He raised a brow when he realized that the man sitting on the demonic throne hadn't even moved his lips.

Is he speaking through some kind of telepathy right now? He must be a big deal if even Nyx is kneeling to the point that her head is touching the floor. It's better if I do the same... Horu thought as he folded his legs and knelt when the figure on the throne raised his hand.

"A feisty one, aren't you, human? You seem very interesting in comparison to Ignis. Your white hair is no more, for one. However, you dare come into my home, nevertheless, my realm, without any manners?"

Perses squeaked when the figure ended his final sentence. The figure had an appearance of a war veteran in his early thirties. He had long, pitch-black hair, and crimson eyes capable of destroying anything they laid on. His demeanor was utmost terrifying as he'd surely stand twice as tall as the tallest human on Earth. The suit that he wore was made of a black substance that resembled the dark energy of Nyx, but stronger and darker. His skin had the same red lines carved into it as Perses. The only resemblance that he had towards Nekros was his stone-cold demeanor. Horu shivered and started sweating the more he looked into those eyes that embodied the whole concepts of evil and cruelty. Therefore, he knelt.

"Very well, then—"

"I want to know the truth! All of it! I'm tired of not knowing who I am. Those three... they called you 'Father' didn't they?! If that's true, then you should be able to tell me... Who was I? Why am I here?! What's all this about?!" Horu completely lashed out with his head down. As he did, he bashed the floor with his fists repeatedly. Tears escaped his eyes when he thought about all the things he went through.

"Nyx. Perses. Nekros. Why don't you go and have some fun while I speak with this senseless creature here..."

"No, please, father!"

"You fool! You'll regret your entire lifetime when I get back!"

"..."

Nyx, then Perses, and finally Nekros, all got dragged into dark portals by humongous hands with chains attached to them. They all begged for mercy, or cursed at Horu for getting them in trouble. In a fell swoop, all three of them disappeared. The ominous figure hadn't feigned a single expression and stood up from his throne. He grabbed Horu by his shoulder and lifted him up. The man then nodded at the boy as he started walking a tour through the mansion.

"The voice which you hear inside your mind was a man feared and idolized by many. His name was Ignis, the Adversary of Wrath, God of Gravity. He was one of my children, sibling to those three. He was the most powerful existence I've ever created. However, he was stubborn, and decided to live a life of his own. He was a fool. During the previous War of Gods, he betrayed me and wedded one of her children; an annoying little goddess with enough energy strength to create entire worlds, puny wench. Thus, I was forced with the decision to kill him with my own hands. However, instead of dying honorfully, the fool left a mark on creation itself."

"He split the multiverse, right?" Horu asked while trying to avoid eye contact as much as possible. Even walking beside the enigma was more than enough to drain the life out of his soul. Horu had never felt anything as strong as the man's presence.

"That is correct. And so, creation itself split in two, with only one universe in its center that survived. Unfortunately, that universe belonged to mankind, and was created by the same child that brought my son to treason."

On the way, Horu saw multiple servants that looked so lifeless that Horu'd come to the conclusion that all life was sucked out of them until they could barely maintain their sentience. Some had the appearances of beautiful female humans, and some had the appearance of skeletons with butler-themed attires. They all worked desperately to maintain the mansion's hygiene.

"The gods that you humans know of began to favor that single universe to the point that they'd shared their Blessings with those vulgar creatures," the man explained as he opened the door to the throne room. The Adversaries had returned on the floor all beaten up. Their clothes were torn and their bodies were mangled in pools of their own blood. Horu covered his mouth as the stench of blood and rotten corpses nearly caused him to puke.

"I am Chaos, Primordial of Destruction, one of the Four Primordials that overseer all existence. And that is what follows when one disobeys my command. I may have punished my children, but do not forget one final truth, Horu Sakaki!"

"And... w-w-what... is that?" Horu gulped when he heard a faint voice behind him laugh. He turned around and saw a grin in the large composite pool of blood. He saw the face of Nyx, completely torn to shreds, smile as a finger pointed at Chaos.

"The truth is, mortal, that you are destined to join their ranks. You are also one of my children that will someday rule all of existence in our stead. You shall consume as they consume. You shall take as they take. You shall exist as they exist. You shall kill and destroy as them. And finally, you shall suffer the same pain..."

Suddenly, Horu felt like he was drowning. His body slowly dropped into the ground. The last thing that his eyes could see was the wickedness in the dark, crimson eyes of the entity who went by the name, 'Chaos'. Horu hadn't the strength to speak. The temperature of the air was so intense and hot, that it could literally burn souls away. Time and space were irrelevant in the place he got dropped into, yet Horu's spirit had a feeling where he ended up. His body burned up to the point that he couldn't react to the temperature. It was over for Horu Sakaki. This was...

"Welcome, Sakaki Horu. Repent for the sins you shouldered in your previous life as the Adversary of Wrath, and rise anew! That is, if you'll withstand the temperature of...                the Underworld!"