Chapter 32: True Colors of Light

"We don't have to do this..."

Horu Sakaki slowly backed away from Allen.

He was the bully of the class.

The delinquent.

"Oh, yes we do."

Allen repeatedly nodded his head as he closed the distance between them. At the same time, he emitted an ivory-colored aura.

His frizzy strands of hair hovered in the air.

There's something off about this guy... Is he truly an E-rank? I need to be on my guard. Especially now that my skills are acting weird.

Horu's thoughts were correct. When he fell to the bottom of the Abyss, he attempted to slow down his fall. However, his skills weren't reacting somehow.

Therefore, Ignis had to aid him.

Was it due to the lance impaled into my shoulder? No. That can't be it. Wait...

Horu gave a glance at Kaede, who looked as if she was more than ready to kill Allen. Yet, to dodge more trouble, Horu nodded secretly, indicating that she had to stand by.

"Trust me, you do not wa—!"

Horu's speaking was interrupted by the sound of Allen's fist digging into his ribs.

Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud..!

The blows kept coming.

After every split second, another punch landed on Horu's abdomen.

Most of the students couldn't look at the terrifying sight of Horu getting his ribs smashed. None of them dared interfere, since even Kaede hadn't.

What?! He's strong! Who the hell... is this?!

Horu arched his body forwards as he rested his hands on his stomach. Blood surged upwards from the inside of his organs, spewing from his mouth.

"Who said that I was done with—!"

"Allen, I swear I'll kill you! Static!"

Simon neared Allen with his body surrounded by a thin layer of aura created by sheer lightning.

The former's fingers cocked back, showcasing the ball of electricity gathered on his palm.

"Tch! You damn idiot! Lustrous Armaments!"

It was beautiful.

But also terrifying.

That was the high-ranked skill that Allen had cast. Up in the air over Allen's head stood a glimmering ball of energy that slowly shifted into what looked like a machine gun.

When all was said and done, the machine gun pointed at Simon, who was holding Allen off.

But it was too late.

The machine gun made a high-pitched sound as it prepared to put bullets made from pure light into Simon's body.

Lustrous Armaments was a skill that shifted light into weapons. The type of weapons created depended on the caster's perspective of 'weapons'.

It was like asking someone to name a weapon. The first weapon they could think of would usually be their image of weapons.

For example, if a machine gun were to be the first thing in mind, Lustrous Armaments would create weapons of light that resembled the machine guns. The skill was considered a high-ranked skill as it required the caster's imagination to manifest.