VOLUME III PROLOGUE

Volume III - 'The Dark Conquest'

Why do you endlessly walk these dark and twisted plains?

There is no future here, poor girl.

A light shimmering in the darkness was the perfect way to describe her. Like a torch in a haunted mansion, she brought light to order as the evils that lurked in the darkness feared her.

The world she wandered in was nor adjacent nor divergent from the world as one may know it. It was a static world that only changed when grazed by the light of her aura.

Like a saint on a journey through a cursed land, she would never stop walking.

The gods have abandoned us, can you not see that?

You can grasp eternal freedom, so why?

And as she walked—endlessly—a soft yet intimidating voice pursued her, never ceasing to persuade her—or at least attempt to do so. She could not tell if the voice was inside her head or not, but it wasn't as if she had ever asked.

The wandering lady appeared to be a young adult with gorgeously wavy and ginger hair that never got messed up.

She had lots of freckles on her pale cheeks that accentuated the beautiful smile she always wore, even as her bare feet carried her body through all sorts of nasty fluids—of which a mixture of blood and flesh was the most common.

Poor girl.

So oblivious.

So obedient.

You shine your tiny light through a never-ending realm of curses and sins, hoping to serve your gods well.

But they will never come for you.

"..."

There were so many words that she could say, but in a static world such as this, time was irrelevant.

Nothing moved.

Nothing is.

Nothing was.

Inside this domain, there was no such thing as individuality. In a space swarming with infinite curses and evils, everything had equal value—that of zero.

So of course, all the words she could come up with had been expended.

It was then that the girl made a stop, and it wasn't in response to the voice in her head.
Her eyes couldn't see beyond the light that her golden aura emitted.

Even so, blood splashed on her naked body as a decapitated head rolled over her feet.

She stared at the decapitated head—of which the beard was dripping blood from the mouth—before grabbing it and muttering some comforting words to it.