Chapter 3: Altered Fate

The next morning, Horu woke up with a headache from out of this world. So he called in sick at school.

It was around 8.30 am.

There was no way in hell Horu even considered attending school with all this stuff going on. But that was just a lousy excuse to not stumble upon Kaede or Simon.

"I just don't feel like seeing both of them right now. But lying down in bed all day ain't my style either."

Horu put on a hoodie, sweatpants, and some trainers and left the house.

Where he was going? He hadn't a clue. The sun was still rising and the birds had just shut up, so it wasn't that early. Horu headed for the train station.

Why he was heading there?

Not a clue either.

He felt like walking all over the place for boredom's sake. His body couldn't handle resting in bed all day. Neither could his mind handle all the gossip of Kaede suddenly being in a relationship with his best friend only a day after proposing to Horu. The entire city probably knew of the situation by now.

Sigh.

Nothing ever goes my way, does it?

Horu had always been a loner.

He had a couple of people he could optionally consider friends, like Simon. But none could cope with his loneliness. His entire life, Horu had to count on his independence because of his mother working 'overseas.'

Although it was clear that his mother was a hardworking businesswoman, he knew nothing of his other parent. To be frank, he knew nothing of both parents.

The reason Horu was able to live on his own was because of Kaede's family. Kaede's mother, Hina Amazugawa, was his mother's friend so she insisted on raising Horu until he was old enough to live on his own.

The Amazugawa family also covered the rent for Horu's house. He could never even think of repaying their kindness, so he started working part-time jobs to aid him in his independence.

Horu basically owed Kaede's family his life, so causing them any trouble was a line he would never dare cross. This also included Kaede herself. But now that he broke that sole taboo, he was lost.

Especially now that he yelled at her, on top of breaking her heart. So a walk for fresh air to think about his next course of action would've done him nicely.

The train station was rather far away from his home. He had to use a ton of shortcuts using alleyways, private terrain, and such. But that was a huge mistake.

The biggest mistake.

One that would turn his life into a disaster. As he was walking down one of the alleys, his vision suddenly got over-lapsed by sudden darkness.

Voices.

"Is this the one..."

"...Are you sure, madam?"

"Roger."

"Tie him up."

"Yes, sir."