Chapter 19: Hail the Mother of Earth!

An entire day went by since the departure of Kaede and Pablo. They had been walking nonstop since their quest began. In order to complete it and finally face their next opponents, they were required to eliminate a group of monsters.

On top of that, they had to silence an erupting volcano.

"...Jo no soy un hijo de puta. Let's slaughter—!"

"Do not underestimate your foes so quickly. They may be monsters, but even monsters can use magic. If we encounter monsters who own advantageous magic types, you're done for."

"Why only me?!"

"You are the one here that can only use one element."

"Pera te. So you're saying you can use more than one element?"

"There is no element I have not mastered."

"Mentira! There's no way..."

"We're here."

The duo found themselves in front of a cave's entrance. The entrance was made by natural causes and was located at the foot of the volcano.

Kaede switched her magic to light up the path they took. It wasn't long after, about a ten-minute walk, that the duo finally faced a challenge.

Four odd-looking monsters stumbled upon the two humans that almost lost their faith in the cave's direction. The two in the middle looked like werewolves, but were bigger than the traditional werewolves from Western settings.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

Pablo whispered.

"I guess I am. They look rather... strange."

Kaede replied without a care for the volume of her voice. She stared coldly at the monsters with clear intent to slaughter the bunch.

"Yeah. Strange enough to kill 'em!"

"..."

Pablo's fist got engulfed by flames as he dashed toward the monster on the right. Until now, all four weren't shaken by the presence of the humans.

When Pablo got close, he landed a hit on the monster's abdomen, however, the latter's upper body didn't budge and smacked Pablo with a wave of his arm. The monster's physical strength was immense and there were four of them.

Kaede had her arms crossed as she analyzed the monster's weakness.

"I see... Terrestrial Shockwave."

She took a forceful step forward that shook the ground until it reached her targets, the two werewolf-looking monsters located on the left- and right side of the group. Once the shockwave had reached the monsters, they became immobilized and sunk into chunks of debris and pulverized soil.

"Thorns..."

A shrieking sound came from the girl as thick thorns were summoned at her will. She stretched both of her arms forward, unleashing the sharp thorns on her enemies. In a matter of seconds, half of the enemies' forces got eliminated.

"What is that magic? I've never seen those skills before..."

Said Pablo as he took a step back.

Kaede kept marching forward as her thorns strangled the remaining two monsters that had the appearances of humanoid owls. For those who think owls don't have necks, this slaughter was disproof. Kaede's thorns had severed the heads of the owls apart from their bodies. Along with the heads came the necks of the anthropomorphic owls.

"Amazing..."

~~~~~

The duo finally arrived at the area they hoped to reach sooner or later. They encountered various groups of monsters on the way, but Kaede got rid of them before they could even think of approaching.