Chapter 22: One Sin Nobody Dares To Commit

"What the hell..."

Horu stared at the humanoid figure that bashfully threw the gates wide open. The gates got slammed so hard that the impact on the walls shattered the gates to pieces.

"Horu, run! That thing is not the boss!" Kaede jumped in front of him and got into a stance.

Horu couldn't move one bit. His thoughts were frozen. His legs were trembling and wouldn't obey the signals of his brain. The piles of corpses and the pools of blood made for an awful stench. The stench was so strong that it was perceivable as a dark miasma. Not only that, but the aura of the thing in front of them was insanely powerful.

I-I-I need to run... what is this?! This is death! Utter death! W-why is he staring at me like that?!

So far, Horu had shown levelheaded resolve and almost no fear in the tower. The aura of the entity in front of him was beyond his comprehension. It was clear that this being was not the boss. This was something else entirely.

"It's damn mean to call someone a 'thing', isn't it, you bitch?!" It yelled to Kaede, confirming its sentience and ability to understand them.

"Horu..."

It took all of Horu's mental strength to redirect his eyes towards Kaede. The despair in his eyes was proof that he was a lost cause. The situation had turned into

"I got this," she said whilst clenching her fists and slightly raising them. She turned around and met the figure's gaze. If looks could kill, both of them would've died on the spot.

"You're one of Satan's Apostles, aren't you?"

"Heh heh... right on the mark. I was told that you wouldn't recognize me. Who the fuck are you?"

Satan's Apostles, they were the trustees of the entity known to mankind as Satan, whose real name was unknown. During the War of Gods, the Apostles laid mass destruction upon the Infinite Battlefield. They were the ones who delivered the most force for the Adversaries and were the most feared on the battlefield because of their merciless cruelty and their crazy appearances. They were deliverers of death, and Kaede was about to fight one of them.

"That wicked body of yours would make for great nightmares."

The Apostle in front of her had the appearance of a young-looking male. His hair was black and was styled into Liberty spikes that pointed to the sides, instead of upwards. He looked a lot like the transformation of a particular shōnen protagonist, except his hair was shaved on the left-hand side of his head. He wore a wicked smile and loved resting the tip of his blade on his tongue. The majority of his skin had dragon scales, which looked impenetrable.

"You dare mock me, bitch! I'll cut you into nice pieces after I'm done planting that fine body of yours with my seeds! But first... I'll clear that walking obstacle you're with."

He blitzed towards Kaede and stretched his leg, however, when she got into the defensive, the Apostle spun mid-air and landed on the other feet, in front of Horu.

H-he's so fast! Shit! Kaede thought as she looked into the corner of her eyes.

The Apostle gave Horu a glance, then spun again and used the momentum to send Horu flying into a wall with the same leg that he stretched a second earlier.

"Horu—hmph?!"

The Apostle grabbed Kaede by her face and threw it downwards. The impact of Kaede's head smashing into the floor made for cracks around it. Her head was dug into the ground as she gasped for air. But Kaede wasn't going to let him win so easily. She thrust her arm forwards and cast a skill. A mass of compressed air the shape of a fist approached the Apostle at high speed.