Chapter 10: Wings of Zephyr

Click, click, click...

Aegis buttoned his white dress shirt as he gazed at the wonderful sight of the FMA illuminated by the orange sunlight that emerged from the horizon.

The sun was rising from the blue oceans in the distance. It was Monday, so most of the students had already woken up to get to class.

"Where do you think you're going?"

Nyx rubbed her drowsy eyes as she rose from the bed.

The two somehow landed in Aegis' chambers during their session.

His chambers were located one level above his office. The office itself was on the 100th floor of the tower that towered Furrèl.

"I have business to attend to."

"You do know—"

Nyx was interrupted by Aegis' stern voice. He knew exactly what she was about to ask, and what the goal of her presence at the FMA was.

"You will not lay a finger on him. I thank you for retrieving him or at least attempting to do so. I got great plans for that kid...."

"I don't care about your 'plans'. He is the reincarnation of my brother. And besides, I could kill you and all of your belov—"

Again, Nyx got interrupted by Aegis.

"Just like how you nearly slaughtered the human race, I included?"

"We were at war. Those sure were the days though..."

"Practically, we're still at war. The fact that the rest of the gods had gone quiet doesn't mean that the conflict between our factions has ceased."

Nyx appeared behind Aegis and snuggled on his back.

"Geez... you truly are the man of my dreams. To think that you were once a human..."

~~~~~

"Hooooaaaah... huah!"

Horu Sakaki woke up on his first morning at the FMA. As soon as he descended from the bunk bed, a knock sounded at the dorm room's door.

"Yeah, who's there?"

Simon was asleep like a rock, so Horu tried to be as quiet as possible.

"Good morning. It's Aegis, I've come to hand out the details of your 'transfer'. May I come in?"

Aegis asked at the other side of the door.

It was early in the morning.

"Yeah, sure. Hold on a sec'. Wait. I don't have any clothes to change into."

"I have brought a uniform for you, however, I am not certain if it would fit."

Aegis's voice was as monotone as ever.

Horu opened the door slightly and thrust out his hand. He moved his fingers backward, tempting Aegis to hand over the clothes.

After changing into the uniform, Horu opened the door and Aegis silently walked in. The room was enormous for a dorm room. It had a bathroom, a kitchen, and a toilet. It looked like the entire first floor of Horu's house, but without the hallway.