Chapter 56: Farewell, Sister

The Labyrinth of Despair was fuming with the rage of its inmates. At least, what was left of them. The escapees suffered a devastating failure as nearly all of its participants were wiped out in a single blow.

'Blow' would be inappropriate to describe whatever it was that generated the giant hole of utter darkness surrounding the tower. This devastating turn of events gave the Watch complete control over the situation.

All the monsters had been dealt with due to the aid of a couple of Apostles that were worried about the ruckus.

A single girl opened her eyes to the bright spotlight that was emitted from the tower's apex. The girl felt a surging wave of immense coldness. When she focused her vision there was a shining, blue light that surpassed the spotlight the girl found herself in.

"A... crystal?"

The girl muttered to herself as she placed her hand in front of her eyes and spread her fingers to block out as much light as possible.

Then, she heard a voice.

"Oh, little girl, hurry. Thou art to convey this message to the young king..."

"W-what? Young... king? What do you mean? Who—no, what are you?"

The girl slightly rose from her laid-down position as she noticed her surrounding had morphed into an endless void of whiteness. She looked around, but there was nothing to be found.

There was nothing left of the prison that she'd lived in for as long as she could remember. More importantly, the sole person that she needed by her side at all times, was not there.

Suddenly, the blue crystal popped up in front of her. Its size was bigger than she could imagine, as it had a height surely to be thrice as tall as hers.

She scanned the crystal from top to bottom and then focused on its center. She felt a presence within the crystal that took shape as a small, unstable ball of energy. The ball of energy within the crystal moved when she heard that voice again.

"Thou shalt not fear, little girl, as the young king shalt protect thou from harm. He art in grave danger if thee fails to speak."

"Speak... My sister, where is she?! Where am I, and what message?!"

The girl panicked as her heart throbbed increasingly. She ignored the crystal's voice completely and started asking questions at a high volume.

"Thou art nowhere. Thou speaks to not any."

The crystal didn't satisfy the young girl who could only find herself within a white void.

The latter felt as if her consciousness had merged with the illusion that surrounded her presence.

When she wanted to try again and ask the crystal's questions, she felt as if her soul had found her consciousness.

Reality began fabricating into a display that she hadn't seen before. The crystal disappeared as only the voice remained and spoke its last words; the message.

"'When Chaos is unleashed upon all creation, the King shall rise to rebel. When all is lost, the Daughter of Creation shall come to thine aid. When time douses thou in loss, the weapon of origin art in thine possession'."