Chapter 33: The Patient Monster

A lightning bolt penetrated Allen's back.

The bolt stopped midway, emerging at the front.

Blood splattered on the faces of the boys in front of him. Allen spasmed for a moment and went limp. He dropped to the ground with the bolt stuck in his body, releasing a thudding sound.

"Heh... Got 'ya."

Simon's face was beaten up by a single punch. Yet, he still recovered his consciousness.

Somehow, he managed to manifest life energy into a lightning bolt.

"Guh... Keok!"

A puddle of blood slowly formed around Allen's body. At the same time, Horu recovered from a slap to oblivion.

The current situation alarmed him so he immediately requested Kaede to heal Allen.

"No."

Kaede said as she crossed her arms and ignorantly looked away. Her reaction surprised Horu, seeming that she was always kind to people.

The latter was dumbfounded and couldn't sort it out in his thoughts.

"Huh? Why not? He is our classmate."

The expression on Horu's face was portrayed as a wryly smile and eyes filled with confusion.

"Because he tried to harm you. I should've killed him before he even got the chance. He doesn't deserve my aid. He can die for all I care."

"Please, Kaede. Do it for me."

Horu tried sweet-talking Kaede into healing Allen. Surprisingly, it worked. After a couple of minutes, she finally submitted and walked to the latter's nearly-lifeless body.

She crouched as she extended her arm. When her index fingertip came in contact with his shoulder, a golden glow arose.

The large cavity in Allen's upper body got filled as the lightning bolt disappeared. The blood leaking from his body vanished, as well. It was as if it was never there in the first place.

He got healed completely.

"You son of a bitch!"

Allen attempted to dash at Simon with rage manifested as a ball of energy in his cocked hand but got stopped by Kaede. However, her holding him by his wrists only seemed to irk him even more.

"Let me go."

Allen demanded as he sharply gazed at her. His gaze didn't faze her though. Instead, she revealed a part of her that no one had seen before, not even Horu.

He was sure to have seen it.

No. To have felt it.

That was the amount of pressure that Kaede's aura emanated. Allen trembled by the sight of the former's prowess.

She uttered her dominance by giving him a deadly gaze that could kill.

"Enough of your rambling. If you cause trouble one more time..."

The iris' of Kaede's eyes shifted from color and turned gold. The alteration synchronized with her divine aura. It seemed to get a lot stronger at an extremely fast rate.

Allen didn't know that he was facing a goddess who had authority over the concept of life and beauty. He had no way of enduring the strength of her energy, yet...

"That bastard nearly fucking killed me right there. What denies me the right to pay him back, huh?"

"And you nearly killed my lover! What denies me the right to pay you back?"