Chapter 48. Rewritten

Am scared of losing you baby,
Life can't go on without you in my life,
That's why I hold on to every memory I had with you
Forever cause they will always be my best.

****

Phill couldn't stop looking at his best friend whom he had known since his diaper days smiling so widely. Jimmy's eyes twinkled in delight as he watched his boyfriend singing the song Phill didn't care to know. Phill was just seated in silence observing the loving couple in front of him. Truth be told, he had never seen Jimmy this happy even if it was with him. This only proved to Phil that truly the man was in love. The way Jimmy was looking at the old man was beyond Phil. He doesn't believe what his eyes are showing him.

If he had doubts before, then they were all gone. Phil was happy that Jimmy had finally gotten someone in his life who made him happy but it doesn't mean that he wasn't jealous. The fact that it was this old man who could pass as their grandfather. Phill can't believe what Jimmy has done. Falling in love with his brother's enemy father is beyond him. Phill couldn't believe it when Jimmy told him but here they were and Phil was witnessing it.

Phil wonders how Jimmy's brother will feel if he finds out about this. Better yet Shawn. This was ridiculous pure ridiculous.

Phil had been in love with Jimmy for really a long time and Phil wasn't a person who hid his feelings for his best friend, he made sure that Jimmy knew about them, hell, he made sure everyone knew about them. Even though the man had rejected him countless times, Phil believed that he might fall for him eventually coz why not, sex was good, they had so many things in common and they knew each other's bodies like it was a first sense but right now, seeing Jimmy with Paul, made him know that the man will never love him as he does.

He looks so whipped.

He can't believe that he just left Jimmy for a month and he came back to find this. He thought Jimmy was lying when he told him about the old man, but seeing it now, he knew what the man was telling him was true. He always hoped for Jimmy to look at him like that.

Now Phil was convinced that that would never happen as he looked at the loving couple.

Phil sighed holding his bottle of beer tightly and looking at Paul, no matter how much he looked at him he came out with nothing. He doesn't see why Jimmy is so crazy about him. He was old and in just a few years the man would be with old diseases and die but somehow Jimmy didn't see it. Is this what they call blind in love? Just looking at Paul makes Phil's blood boil in anger. The man wasn't that handsome and he was totally not Jimmy's type but somehow he managed to steal Jimmy's heart. Which Phil had failed to do. This pissed off Phil but he made sure to not show it. The last thing he wants is to make Jimmy angry. The man never gave him hope. He always told him that he doesn't feel the same way as him and Phil can't blame anyone but himself.

"Heading to the bathroom," he stood up too tired to watch how his best friend flirted with that disgusting old man.

Enjoy it while it lasts coz its's not going to last long. Phil will make sure of it.

*****

"You sure your friend won't say anything," Paul asked as soon as Phil left for the bathroom. The boy looked at him with jealousy swelling through his veins, Paul could see it and for a second he regretted trusting Jimmy to introduce Phil to him. Paul wasn't ready for the world to know about this affair but yet again he couldn't blame Jimmy. Paul wanted to come here so that he could forget what his wife did and it happened that Phil was there.