Chapter 59. Rewritten

Doing the best at this moment
Puts you in the best place
For the next moment.

*****

Slowly Ethan pulled away from the first sleeping man. He heaved a heavy breath when the man didn't wake up, he did a number on the poor man, and that's why Ethan wants him to take as much rest as possible. He threw the covers over him and placed a sweet kiss on his forehead before he got out of the warm comfortable bed. Ethan pulled his pants on and got out of the bedroom with his phone tightly closed in his palm. He scrambled down the stairs and took a seat in Kenny's living room with a heavy deep sigh. He looked at the picture of Kenny on the wall and admired the painting again. It's like Kenny was looking directly into his soul. Those sinful beautiful hazals so daring and mysterious made Ethan shiver. He switched his phone on and as expected messages started to overflow from his friends and family but Ethan didn't bother to look at them.

He didn't have the guts too.

All he did was go on the daily news website and as expected he was trending. He looked at the picture and bit his lips. He can't believe someone took their time to edit it. One thing is for sure, the person who did it wanted to out Ethan and not Kenny. They knew what they were doing. Why did they cover Kenny's face and not him? They really made sure to edit Kenny to the extent that Ethan could also believe that it was someone else but since he was on the balcony of Kenny's house, Ethan wouldn't mistake that.

More so, Kenny is the first man he has ever been with.

Ethan remembers that day like it happened just yesterday. They wanted some fresh air and they decided to sit on the balcony. That day they talked, laughed, and joked about different things, and in the middle of the conversation, they gave each other loving kisses. Ethan enjoyed that day. Sitting there with the person you love, talking nonsense and playing like kindergarteners was so wonderful not knowing that someone was stalking them.

Kenny's house was far away from town. You have to drive thirty minutes tops to get there, which means the person who took the pictures followed him or knew about their relationship beforehead. It's hard to tell. Ever since Ethan saw the picture that Cole had sent him six hours ago, Ethan couldn't breathe. He just switched off the phone and pretended like it wasn't there but deep inside, Ethan knew he couldn't escape it.

They have been exposed rather say, he was exposed.

Someone outed him.

Though it was good to be him. If it was Kenny, Ethan doesn't even want to think about it.

He took a deep breath going through social media platforms thinking there would be at least one sight that wasn't interested in his personal life but he was so damn wrong. He was the talk.

The CEO of the hurt design company is gay.

He was captured kissing a mysterious guy.

Who could be the man?

Is he his boyfriend?

Ethan's leg was bobbing up and down in panic. His only prayer was for them not to find out that it was Kenny. Ethan knows he would be without a boyfriend if that happens. He could deal with people, social media, and all. But he knows Kenny can't. As in the man is still ashamed of his sexual orientation. What would happen if people found out?