Chapter 57. Rewritten

Love is a pain no doctor can explain it
Trickles your heart and affects your brain.

******

After putting Jimmy into bed, Shawn couldn't take the guilt that filled his heart after seeing how heartbroken and in pain his son was. He felt like he wanted to die there and then. He knew if his family found out they would hate him for life but he couldn't keep it from them. He just couldn't. The guilt was eating him from inside and he couldn't bear it "I want to tell you something," he bit his lips as they headed into the living room holding his wife tightly with sweaty hands. His worst fear is to lose this woman. The love of his life.

"I will be in my room," Ethan announced. All he wanted was to rest, he had had a long day but Shawn stopped him.

"The both of you," Shawn said bouncing his thigh up and down nervously sweat pricking down his back. Rose sat beside his husband trying to control the flow of tears. Seeing her son like that wasn't a sight a mother should wish to see. Rose has only prayed and wished her sons the best in life. She will be at peace when she sees them happy. That's her only wish in this life and if she accomplishes that, then she will be the happiest mother out there. Seeing Jimmy like that made her fail as a mother. "I found out a few days ago that Jimmy was dating that man," Shawn started biting his lips all the confident CEO gone. His family was his weakness and he was scared of losing them.

At this moment, he might if he doesn't play his cards well.

"Who, we need to talk to him and make him consider his decision," Rose hurriedly said. She hadn't found out who her son was in love with. All she knew was that Jimmy was in love with a man.

"Mum that's not how it works, you can't force love," Ethan Said too feeling sorry for his brother but Paul has a right to break up with him if he doesn't want him anymore. No one forces love.

"I know E," Rose sighed "What are we going to do then? My son is in pain." the woman sobbed not wanting to see Jimmy in that state ever again.

"I think I know," Shawn chirped biting the inside of his cheek "I was the cause please let me fix this," Shawn's heart was beating rapidly.

"What do you mean," Rose asked looking at her husband with a frown.

"Um...I found out from Phil that Jimmy was dating Paul Knight, the father of Kenny Knight," Rose's eyes widen in unexplainable shock. She wasn't informed of that small detail. She had been hearing about Paul but she never thought that it was this Paul that Shawn was talking about. "So I didn't like the fact that my son is dating um him," he added in a whisper

"So you went and intervened," Ethan looked at his Dad with disappointed eyes when he nodded not so surprised by the news. He already knew. "You didn't have that right Dad. Jimmy Is a grown-up man he knows what he wants,"

"I thought I was protecting him, Ethan. It's Paul Knight we are talking about," Shawn specified wanting Ethan to understand the sentence.

"So what," Shawn gasped in shock. He thought Ethan would be angrier like he was when he found out. He was wrong.

"You knew," Shawn asked in a low voice.

"I found out a few days ago," Ethan shrugged.

"And you're ok with it," Ethan gave his dad a disapproving look.